Job Reference: 56893
Environmental Health Technician
- Brighton, East Sussex
- £23.47 - £23.47 per hour
- Temporary / Full Time
Seven Social Care is looking for an Environmental Health Technician, to work within the Public Health sector, at Adur District Council. This job role is specialising in licensing.
Principal purpose of job (role summary):
To be responsible for the implementation and administration of the Councils’ Environmental Health policy, as interpreted by the Public Health and Regulation Manager, in relation to the Councils’ statutory duties of food hygiene, occupational health & safety, infectious disease, environmental protection and licensing except when directed to cover other parts of the district for the enforcement of any other of the Councils’ statutory duties.
Specialist: LICENSING With an emphasis on statutory duties relating to licensing legislation.
- To carry out targeted and programmed inspections within his/her specialism to ensure compliance with relevant legislation. To carry out licensing and registration visits to premises as required.
- To carry out investigations of notifications of licensing breaches and related matters as directed, within the area of responsibility in accordance with the policies of the Councils.
- To respond to requests for service from the public, businesses and Councillors, including complaints.
- To participate in any monitoring programmes as required.
- To advise on plans submitted to the section under any Planning or Building Control legislation.
- To participate in the practical training of other members of the section and any other persons temporarily attached to or visiting the section.
- To assist in departmental or corporate training programmes, projects, surveys or public health promotion activities.
- To maintain up to date technical and scientific knowledge of current and developing issues. To keep abreast of new legislation, codes of practice and guidance notes and to maintain the necessary competence and Continuing Professional Development.
- To give or assist in, presentations, lectures or training sessions to other members of the Council, the public and businesses.
- To prepare reports (including reports to Committee) and letters.
- To prepare witness statements and give evidence in a court of law.
- To keep computer and/or manual records of actions in accordance with the procedures of the Team and as directed by the Public Health & Regulation Manager.
- To carry out pre-planned visits outside of normal office hours where necessary and to assist in emergencies at any time of day or night.
- To maintain and control laboratory stocks and equipment.
- To publicise and positively promote the work of the Public Health & Regulation Team
- Experience: Experience in licensing .
- Travel: Clean UK driving license with the ability to commute to and from work independently.
- Hours: 37 hours p/w.
Working with Seven Social Care:
We have been helping social care professionals find exciting new roles for almost a decade, so we know exactly where to look when it comes to sourcing the best opportunities. We operate across the UK, and, with over 300 five-star reviews, multiple awards and amazing relationships with the biggest employers in UK social care, we give you the best chance of landing your next role.
We have a reputation for recruiting at lightning speed, however, we can only respond to candidates who meet the exact requirements of the position. If you have any queries about a role or application, please visit our website where our amazing candidate support team will be more than happy to help.