Job Reference: 55961
Facilities Assistant (Porter)
- Solihull, West Midlands
- £9.61 - £9.61 per hour
- Temporary / Full Time
Seven Resourcing is working with Karen Jerome at Solihull Metropolitan Borough Council to recruit a Temporary Facilities Assistant (Porter) to work for 3 months at West Mall at Chelmsley Wood.
Porter required for approximately 3 months but will be confirmed. The role is to cover opening and/or closing procedures for Corporate locations i.e. 08:00 – 18:00, working on an 8 hour basis.
THIS IS TEMPORARY FOR 3 MONTHS SO PLEASE ONLY APPLY IF YOU CAN START IMMEDIATELY. THIS IS NOT A PERMANENT JOB EITHER.
To undertake general facilities and security duties. This will include ensuring that buildings are open/closed at designated times in line with business needs, occupants comply with Health & Safety legislation, participate in out-of-hours emergency call-out procedures etc., receive and disseminate goods received, arrange and oversee maintenance repairs, cleaning operations, waste removal etc.
Undertake general DIY maintenance and repairs e.g. changing light bulbs, minor repairs, etc.
Duties and Responsibilities:
– To open & close corporate buildings at designated times in line with the business needs of the Council and to be available for occasional access to buildings out of hours.
– To carry out routine Health & Safety inspections, ensuring all security systems and procedures are adhered to.
– Collection, verification and delivery of parcels and packages etc. throughout the buildings
– Arrange for the delivery and distribution of supplies/products and the collection/removal of waste or unwanted items (e.g. paper, furniture, etc.)
– To participate in staff relocations involving the transfer of furniture/ equipment and other ancillary tasks
– Monitoring of contractors whilst on site, their entry/exit and work undertaken whilst in the building to ensure that they comply with SMBC rules and procedures e.g. external cleaning staff, etc.
– Litter pick, sweep and generally keep clear immediate access areas within the site boundary.
– To participate in work rota’s to ensure that the buildings are operated in accordance with business service needs.
– To be contactable out-of-hours in case of emergency. (To carry a duty phone, if required).
– The post holder will be required to wear a uniform and safety footwear that will be provided.
– Computer literate e.g. Use of Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, etc.
– Such other duties that from time to time may be required which is commensurate with the grade of the post.
– To assist and participate in any fire evacuation or other emergency.
– Assist in the routine maintenance of the buildings e.g. changing light bulbs, cleaning shades and diffusers, undertaking minor repairs, emergency cleaning operations, etc.
– Ensure that all toilets, kitchen areas, etc. are appropriately stocked
– Undertake security patrols of the building (including out-of-hours, if required) to ensure that the buildings are secure at all times and to assist with emergency procedures e.g. fire activations and lift breakdowns.
– Monitor and report accordingly car parking arrangements relating to the site.
- Qualifications: N/A
- Experience: Desired experience of a similar role previously.
- Compliance: Up to date Passport
- Travel: Clean UK driving license with the ability to commute to and from work independently.
- Hours: Up to 37 hours p/w.
Working with Seven Social Care:
We have been helping social care professionals find exciting new roles for almost a decade, so we know exactly where to look when it comes to sourcing the best opportunities. We operate across the UK, and, with over 300 five-star reviews, multiple awards and amazing relationships with the biggest employers in UK social care, we give you the best chance of landing your next role.
We have a reputation for recruiting at lightning speed, however, we can only respond to candidates who meet the exact requirements of the position. If you have any queries about a role or application, please visit our website where our amazing candidate support team will be more than happy to help.