Job Reference: 57121
Family Engagement Worker
- Southampton, Massachusetts
- £19.7 - £19.7 per annum
- Contract / Full Time
Seven Social Care are looking for a Family Engagement Worker to work with the Children and Families Team for Southampton City Council. This contract is paying £19.70 per hour.
To support the delivery of high quality prevention and early help services for children, young people and their families. To support families to access universal, universal plus and universal partnership plus level provision and provide intensive support to the whole family, supporting family members access the services they need. The post holder will carry a case load of families with multiple and complex problems, working within the parameters of the principles of the Troubled Families programme (locally known as Families Matter) to deliver intensive and coordinated family support, often within a specialist arena. This specific role will be located within the Youth Offending Service/Civic Centre and provides support to families of children who are at risk of exclusion, experience poor school attendance and/or are CME. The role will work closely with the 0-19 Integrated Offer and Education Welfare Service to ensure children’s relationship with schools and education is restored, supporting improved attainment, emotional wellbeing and reduced risk of parental prosecution. This particular role will focus on step down support to families with a child(ren) who have been identified by the Education Welfare Service and/or schools as being at risk of poor outcomes due to high incidents of poor school attendance, frequent exclusions or subject to managed moves. The children will often have involvement in ASB or be known to the YOS. The post holder will have experience of working within 0-19 Service and have knowledge and experience of school attendance legislation (Education Act 1996), practice and procedures.
- In partnership with families and other agencies, develop an Early Help Plan to deliver
- early help intervention to families experiencing significant challenges. The plan will
- usually be preceded by the completion of an Early Help Assessment and/or other
- agency assessment dependent on the setting for the role.
- To identify and support the needs of children and their families through the use of the
- Early Help Plan, often reviewed at a ‘Team Around the Family’ or other multi-agency
- forum to identify and coordinate support to the family, which could include one to one
- interventions in the home or facilitating group work (e.g. parenting strategies, advice
- on child development and attachment).
- To undertake direct casework managing a caseload of children and their families,
- where required.
- To work in partnership with multi-agency colleagues from statutory and voluntary
- agencies to meet the needs of families.
- Qualifications: Level 3 or Equivalent
- Experience: 2+ years working within a similar role.
- Compliance: Current DBS check.
- Travel: Clean UK driving license with the ability to commute to and from work independently.
- Hours: 37.5 hours p/w.
Working with Seven Social Care:
We have been helping social care professionals find exciting new roles for almost a decade, so we know exactly where to look when it comes to sourcing the best opportunities. We operate across the UK, and, with over 300 five-star reviews, multiple awards and amazing relationships with the biggest employers in UK social care, we give you the best chance of landing your next role.
We have a reputation for recruiting at lightning speed, however, we can only respond to candidates who meet the exact requirements of the position. If you have any queries about a role or application, please visit our website where our amazing candidate support team will be more than happy to help.