Job Reference: 61382
- Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear
- £14.71 - £17.24 per hour
- Temporary / Full Time
Seven Resourcing are looking for a temporary Family Partner to work in Newcastle. This position is initially for a period of 3 months and is paying £14.71 (PAYE) or £17.24 (umbrella) per hour. The working hours are Monday – Friday from 9am – 5pm.
To work as part of a team of Family Partners within the Children and Families Newcastle system, building relationships with children and families in order to understand families’ needs and enable them to link with services and support appropriate to their specific need and requirements.
- To work closely with families on their ‘journey’ within early help and through the wider Children and Families Newcastle system, from initial contact and assessment, identifying and arranging appropriate support, maximising the use of evidence based approaches and supporting progress of cases as appropriate. Respond to the identification of families needing additional support from various sources including schools, GP’s, Childrens Services and direct ‘drop in’ contacts, undertaking timely and effective response with families and regular review of their needs.
- Work with families to undertake a holistic, whole family assessment of their needs, listening to their own personal circumstances, ensuring the voices of children are heard and working with families to identify their strengths and challenges helping navigate them to services which will provide appropriate support.
- Support families to access resources within the Children and Families Newcastle offer, where previous experience of services or earlier Adverse Childhood experiences, mean they may encounter additional barriers to engagement.
- To offer practical help, reassurance and encouragement to parents in developing confidence and parenting and employability skills. To encourage parents, carers and community members to build their skills through volunteering opportunities, training and adult learning.
Experience: 2+ years working within a similar role.
Compliance: Current DBS and 2 x references.
Travel: Clean UK driving license with the ability to commute to and from work independently.
Hours: 37 hours p/w.
Working with Seven Social Care:
We have been helping social care professionals find exciting new roles for almost a decade, so we know exactly where to look when it comes to sourcing the best opportunities. We operate across the UK, and, with over 300 five-star reviews, multiple awards and amazing relationships with the biggest employers in UK social care, we give you the best chance of landing your next role.
We have a reputation for recruiting at lightning speed, however, we can only respond to candidates who meet the exact requirements of the position. If you have any queries about a role or application, please visit our website where our amazing candidate support team will be more than happy to help.