Job Reference: 56093
- Totnes, Devon
- £12.45 - £12.45 per hour
- Contract / Full Time
Seven Resourcing are looking for a Family Support Practitioner to work in Totnes, Devon. This is a full time position and is paying £12.45 per hour.
To provide targeted family support to families with multiple and complex needs and subject to a range of other statutory interventions. To reduce the need for children to become looked after. Supporting families with appropriate skilled interventions and practical support, both in response to crisis and for some families, as part of a long term support package. To deliver earlier and quicker services to families working as part of a small cluster and working in partnership with other professionals in a small geographical area. The post holder will need to build relationships with families and provide practical hands on help, support and challenge to support the family to change. The post holder will need to be persistent, tenacious and assertive, working with families who have been resistant to interventions from a statutory agency.
- To be able to work flexibly including some evenings and weekends.
- To consider the needs of the family as a whole.
- To build honest and productive relationship with family members to enable them to change and provide safe and consistent care for the children in their care.
- To provide practical ‘hands on’ support to the family so that they can provide a safe and risk free environment for children and young people to live.
- To be persistent, assertive and challenging to families – making them aware of the consequences of their decision and actions.
- To work with the family as a whole including absent parents and wider family members who may provide alternative care and support for children and young people.
- Work with families to gain an understanding of past experiences and understand patterns of behaviour.
- To use an evidenced based set of tools that are known to be effective working with families with multiple and complex needs, resistant families and families in crises.
- The post holder will be required to keep up to date electronic records of their case work with individual families.
- The post holder will be expected to attend and participate in meetings as appropriate including child care reviews planning meetings, case conferences, panels, and relevant neighbourhood meetings
- The post holder will not have direct supervisory responsibility for casework
- Qualifications: NVQ Level 3 or Equivalent
- Experience: 2+ years working within a similar role.
- Compliance: Current DBS check.
- Travel: Clean UK driving license with the ability to commute to and from work independently.
- Hours: 37 hours p/w.
Working with Seven Social Care:
We have been helping social care professionals find exciting new roles for almost a decade, so we know exactly where to look when it comes to sourcing the best opportunities. We operate across the UK, and, with over 300 five-star reviews, multiple awards and amazing relationships with the biggest employers in UK social care, we give you the best chance of landing your next role.
We have a reputation for recruiting at lightning speed, however, we can only respond to candidates who meet the exact requirements of the position. If you have any queries about a role or application, please visit our website where our amazing candidate support team will be more than happy to help.