Job Reference: 62207
- Barnstaple, Devon
- £15.26 - £15.26 per annum
- Contract / Full Time
Seven Resourcing are looking for a Family Support Practitioner to work in Barnstaple, Devon. This is a full time position and is paying £15.26 per hour and includes a mix of home and office working, usually around 2 days in the office.
his is an exciting time to join Children’s Social Care as we aim to embed Life Story Work in our practice and ensure all children we work with have an understanding of their life story. Life story work is a therapeutic intervention, it is skilled work that centres around a child in order for them to understand their journey within the care system with the view that this understanding will encourage better communication and an understanding of the child’s needs and wishes and help the child develop stronger, closer relationships with carers, friends and staff through sharing stories and strengthening their own resilience thus substantially improving outcomes for children in care and care leavers. The postholder will undertake Life Story Work for an identified number of children and young people receiving a service from children’s social care. This will involve undertaking the work and liaising with those people who are significant in a child’s life. As an experienced and collaborative individual, you will be part of team who will ensure the delivery of age appropriate life story work, as well as offering support to social workers
- To be able to work flexibly including some evenings and weekends.
- To consider the needs of the family as a whole.
- To build honest and productive relationship with family members to enable them to change and provide safe and consistent care for the children in their care.
- To provide practical ‘hands on’ support to the family so that they can provide a safe and risk free environment for children and young people to live.
- To be persistent, assertive and challenging to families – making them aware of the consequences of their decision and actions.
- To work with the family as a whole including absent parents and wider family members who may provide alternative care and support for children and young people.
- Work with families to gain an understanding of past experiences and understand patterns of behaviour.
- To use an evidenced based set of tools that are known to be effective working with families with multiple and complex needs, resistant families and families in crises.
- The post holder will be required to keep up to date electronic records of their case work with individual families.
- The post holder will be expected to attend and participate in meetings as appropriate including child care reviews planning meetings, case conferences, panels, and relevant neighbourhood meetings
- The post holder will not have direct supervisory responsibility for casework
- Qualifications: NVQ Level 3 or Equivalent
- Experience: 2+ years working within a similar role.
- Compliance: Current DBS check.
- Travel: Clean UK driving license with the ability to commute to and from work independently.
- Hours: 37 hours p/w.
Working with Seven Social Care:
We have been helping social care professionals find exciting new roles for almost a decade, so we know exactly where to look when it comes to sourcing the best opportunities. We operate across the UK, and, with over 300 five-star reviews, multiple awards and amazing relationships with the biggest employers in UK social care, we give you the best chance of landing your next role.
We have a reputation for recruiting at lightning speed, however, we can only respond to candidates who meet the exact requirements of the position. If you have any queries about a role or application, please visit our website where our amazing candidate support team will be more than happy to help.