Job Reference: SOPH1
- Stafford, Staffordshire
- £17.75 - £17.75 per hour
- Temporary / Full Time
Seven Resourcing are looking for a Family Practitioner (Grade 7) to work in the Staffordshire area for the Staffordshire County Council. This position is paying £17.75 per hour.
About the Role:
To work with families and others using a restorative approach, offering high support and high challenge and interventions to help stabilise and support children, young people and their families to remain together Political Restriction: This position is considered as a Politically Restricted Post under the Local Government and Housing Act 1989 and subsequent amendments introduced by the Local Democracy, Economic Development and Construction Act 2009.
- Underpinned by our restorative practice model work with children and families to support children to remain within or return to their families or to stabilise placements with foster families.
- Developing, facilitating and organising family and professionals’ meetings, events and groups. February 2020 JD/PS JD/PS template
- As a member of the district team, be a key worker for children and families leading on early help assessments and plans; and work collaboratively with social workers to support children in need, children on child protection plans and children in care.
- Working with children and families including contributing to parenting assessments, support mediation, crisis prevention, conflict resolution and Life Story Work.
- Carry out work outlined within assessment and planning on specific topics with children, families and carers (including but not limited to) staying safe, loss and grief, behavior management, attachment and criminal exploitation.
- To undertake flexible, creative and imaginative approaches to offering support to children, young people their families and carers.
- To support the completion of accurate documentation, reports and records relating to work undertaken with children, young people and their families.
- To be available outside of traditional working patterns including evening and weekends to provide support to children, families and carers when it is needed.
Knowledge and Experience:
- Experience of direct work with children, their families and carers in a statutory or voluntary agency which provides services to vulnerable children and their families
- Experience in the use of IT including Microsoft packages
- An understanding of child development and the effect of stress and trauma on child development.
- Knowledge of mental health, substance misuse, domestic abuse, poverty and other vulnerabilities and how these impact on families
- Knowledge of partners, agencies and their role in supporting families
- An understanding of the key pieces of policy, guidance and legislation which govern children’ssocial care.
- Experience of facilitating/leading accredited and evidenced based parenting programmes.
- Knowledge and ability to undertake assessments and make appropriate decisions, in line with professional accountability.
- Ability to effectively communicate with children, their families and carers
- Ability to build relationships and deliver interventions to children, families and carers. A/I A/I February 2020 JD/PS JD/PS template
- Ability to work effectively in conflict situations
- Ability to use IT systems and to write a good standard of records.
- Commitment and ability to demonstrate restorative approaches to working with children and families.
- This post is designated as an Essential car user
- Qualifications: Minimum standard of NVQ3 in respect of working with children and their families or equivalent
- Experience: 2+ years working within a similar role.
- Compliance: Current DBS check and references covering the last 2 years.
Working with Seven Social Care:
We have been helping social care professionals find exciting new roles for almost a decade, so we know exactly where to look when it comes to sourcing the best opportunities. We operate across the UK, and, with over 300 five-star reviews, multiple awards and amazing relationships with the biggest employers in UK social care, we give you the best chance of landing your next role.
We have a reputation for recruiting at lightning speed, however, we can only respond to candidates who meet the exact requirements of the position. If you have any queries about a role or application, please visit our website where our amazing candidate support team will be more than happy to help.