Job Reference: 62103
Family Services Worker
- Swindon, Gloucestershire
- £16.59 - £16.59 per hour
- Temporary / Full Time
Seven Resourcing are looking for a temporary Family Services Worker to work in Swindon. This position is initially for a period of 3 months and is paying £16.59 per hour (paid to you via an umbrella company). The working hours are Monday – Friday from 9am – 5pm.
The post holder will be required to work with children and their families, providing a range of individual and family work packages, individually tailored to suit the needs of the family. You will also be involved in assessment and planning.
The complexity and nature of the role and responsibilities will develop as the post holder becomes more experienced.
You will also be involved in delivery of a range of group work programmes for children and parents. Our work involves close liaison and joint work other service providers as part of an integrated service for children and their families
- To provide appropriate support to address plans for children and families identified as meeting the criteria outlined in the Early Help Record and Plan or Statutory Assessment, working with assigned lead professionals as appropriate.
- Where appropriate and assigned by the Family Service Co-Ordinator, to take the lead role on specific aspects of support with individual children and/or their families.
- To work with children, young people and families to provide practical, personal and emotional support, to meet their needs and to have a positive impact on their lives. This will involve using a range of evidence based interventions including: parenting support and programmes, restorative practice, positive activities, family mediation, whole family approach and practical and financial advice and support.
- To encourage and support parents in contributing to their children’s development and improving their outcomes. This may be achieved through formal parenting programmes as well as individual support. This requires a respect for family cultural differences and diversity.
- To work actively with parents/carers and other family members in encouraging positive parenting and in promoting positive family life within the local community.
- Creatively use activities, tools and skills to empower families to articulate their aspirations, develop plans for their lives and make these plans real; identify strengths and also issues and vulnerabilities that they want to work on; and build new capabilities.
- To develop and support community initiatives with other agencies.
- To deliver and/or contribute to a range of group work programmes.
- Recognised qualification in a relevant field, i.e. family work, social care, housing, youth and community (qualified grade) or an ability to demonstrate recent, relevant and substantial experience (unqualified).
Experience: 2+ years working within a similar role.
Compliance: Current DBS and references covering the last 5 years.
Travel: Clean UK driving license with the ability to commute to and from work independently.
Hours: 37 hours p/w.
Working with Seven Social Care:
We have been helping social care professionals find exciting new roles for almost a decade, so we know exactly where to look when it comes to sourcing the best opportunities. We operate across the UK, and, with over 300 five-star reviews, multiple awards and amazing relationships with the biggest employers in UK social care, we give you the best chance of landing your next role.
We have a reputation for recruiting at lightning speed, however, we can only respond to candidates who meet the exact requirements of the position. If you have any queries about a role or application, please visit our website where our amazing candidate support team will be more than happy to help.