Job Reference: 62276
Family Support Practitioner
- Norfolk, Norfolk
- £17.64 - £17.64 per hour
- Temporary / Full Time
Seven Resourcing are looking for a temporary Family Support Practitioner to work in Kings Lynn, Norfolk. This position is initially for a period of 3 months and is paying £17.64 (paid to you via an umbrella company).
To manage and be accountable for a complex caseload of vulnerable children, young people and families to provide targeted support and challenge as part of an integrated approach to prevent family problems from escalating.
To deliver interventions that bring about sustainable behavioural change, increasing the resilience of the family, improving outcomes and decreasing dependency on statutory services.
To act as a Lead Practitioner/Keyworker that utilises practised knowledge to complete assessments of vulnerable families, reaching professional judgements and co-ordinating multi-agency responsive plans that ensure children and young people are safe and have their needs met.
To develop and deliver a range of high-quality targeted services/ interventions, which will achieve and sustain positive outcomes for children, young people (0-19yrs) and families across Norfolk as part of an integrated, multi-agency Early Help Hub.
To ensure children and young people are adequately protected in line with the Local Safeguarding Children Partnership (LSCP) and departmental policy and procedures and relevant legislation.
To undertake statutory assessments for Young Carers and return home interviews for children who go missing.
- To promote and safeguard the welfare of children, young people and families.
- Undertake comprehensive assessments of family needs, forming evidence based judgments using professional knowledge to determine the ‘right responses’ required in accordance with the Norfolk Threshold Guide.
- Continually assess and balance risk, vulnerability and protective factors to safeguard and promote the welfare of children & young people.
- Develop, lead and supervise the coordination of ‘team around the family’ responses and plans to improve outcomes for children, young people and families with other professionals and agencies, including support for families who are transitioning from statutory social care services.
- Coordinate the ongoing review of plans in partnership with other professionals and agencies within the agreed timescales. Work with families to plan how they will achieve the required change to improve their lives and live as a responsible member of the community and when this is not achieved gather necessary evidence to escalate concerns.
- To provide evidence based targeted interventions to children, young people and families with a range of specific vulnerabilities including: non/low school attendance; neglect; at risk of youth offending; vulnerable pregnancy – including teen/young parents; family conflict; anti-social behaviour; domestic abuse; substance misuse; mental health issues; poverty; access to welfare/benefits; children and young people with SEND, at risk of homelessness; poor housing conditions; and others as they present.
- Qualifications:NVQ Level 3 in a relevant subject that supports the posts ability to deliver change and improve outcomes for children and young people with five years’ professional experience or NVQ Level 4 with two to three years’ experience in a relevant subject.
- Experience:2+ years working within a similar role.
- Compliance:Current DBS check.
- Travel:Clean UK driving license with the ability to commute to and from work independently.
- Hours: 37 hours p/w.
Working with Seven Social Care:
We have been helping social care professionals find exciting new roles for almost a decade, so we know exactly where to look when it comes to sourcing the best opportunities. We operate across the UK, and, with over 300 five-star reviews, multiple awards and amazing relationships with the biggest employers in UK social care, we give you the best chance of landing your next role.
We have a reputation for recruiting at lightning speed, however, we can only respond to candidates who meet the exact requirements of the position. If you have any queries about a role or application, please visit our website where our amazing candidate support team will be more than happy to help.