Job Reference: 55662
Family Support Worker
- Luton, Bedfordshire
- £20 - £20 per hour
- Temporary / Full Time
Seven Resourcing are looking for a temporary Family Support Worker to work in Luton. This position is initially for a period of 3 months and is paying £20.00 per hour (paid to you via an umbrella company).
To work within the Family Partnership Service. To provide a wide range of support services for vulnerable children and their families, including direct work with children, young people and adults.
To work closely with partner agencies and commissioned services to achieve positive outcomes for children, young people and their families.
- Undertake regular direct work with children and families in the community, and at service user’s homes. Managing risk appropriately. Co-producing and co-delivering support services with partner agencies in a multi-agency format and based on a working agreement with the families. Develop interventions for families that need support with parenting skills, self-confidence, managing challenging behaviours, dealing with parental mental health, child development, etc. Develop expertise in an agreed area of support for families. Ensure the voice of the child is heard and acted upon.
- Supervise and assess contact sessions between children/young people who are at risk of significant harm, and specific adults where there is a legal requirement or to safeguard a child’s emotional or physical well-being. Undertake court ordered contact. Managing risk and challenging behaviours from both adults and children. Establish clear guidelines during contact for families. Assessing parenting capacity and identify deficiencies in parenting. Empowering parents to recognise where they can build and strengthen their relationships with their children and to build on parenting skills.
- Organise and chair meetings and act as Lead Professional in order to plan and undertake work with adults and children/young people who require skilled intervention to prevent deterioration in their personal or social well-being.
- Support the delivery of agreed targeted individual and group work programmes, for example Strengthening Families; Strengthening Communities; Parenting programmes.
- Meet regularly with partners from the statutory and voluntary sectors delivering both adults and children’s services in order to monitor and review the referred family’s needs. Monitor and evaluate the extent to which both family’s resilience and the capacity to deliver improving levels of parental care and support are being strengthened.
- Ensure the health and safety of young people and staff, including the protection of children and young people, in line with Council’s Safeguarding Policy.
- Support managers within the Family Wellbeing Service in the delivery of operational objectives, plans and targets. Identify new community based resources, influence and support local agencies with continued co-production and service delivery. Develop strong links with local and regional stakeholders.
- Qualifications: NVQ3 in child care or equivalent.
- Experience: 2+ years working within a similar role.
- Compliance: Current DBS check and references covering the last 5 years.
- Travel: Clean UK driving license with the ability to commute to and from work independently.
- Hours: 37.5 hours p/w.
Working with Seven Social Care:
We have been helping social care professionals find exciting new roles for almost a decade, so we know exactly where to look when it comes to sourcing the best opportunities. We operate across the UK, and, with over 300 five-star reviews, multiple awards and amazing relationships with the biggest employers in UK social care, we give you the best chance of landing your next role.
We have a reputation for recruiting at lightning speed, however, we can only respond to candidates who meet the exact requirements of the position. If you have any queries about a role or application, please visit our website where our amazing candidate support team will be more than happy to help.