Family Support Worker
- Location: Durham, County Durham
- Salary: £14 - £14 per hour
- Type: Temporary / Full Time
Seven Resourcing is currently seeking a Family Support Worker to work within Durham County Council. This is a full-time role paying £11.18 – £14.50 per hour via umbrella. A full DBS and driving licence are required for this role.
Some families in County Durham experience a range of factors which place outcomes for their children at risk, these include poverty, parental substance misuse, domestic abuse, crime and/or anti-social behaviour, poor school attendance and worklessness. The aim of the Family Support Worker is to provide practical help at the earliest opportunity to enable these families to make significant and sustainable changes that will impact positively upon themselves and their children. To do this the Family Support Worker will provide practical help to families that is agreed as necessary between the family and their Social Worker.
- Provide practical help and intensive interventions to families that contribute to meaningful positive change. This may include supporting families to make and attend appointments, modelling appropriate actions and behaviours and assisting the necessary day to day activities that enable families to progress and maintain positive outcomes.
- To build and maintain high quality and appropriate professional relationships with children, young people, and their families to enable positive change to take place.
- To work with parents to enable them to identify, acknowledge and meet their own and their children’s needs, develop life skills, make, and sustain effective change and reduce vulnerability.
- To work within the Single Assessment Framework and ‘Team around the Family’ processes, to contribute to whole family assessments and care planning and liaise with other relevant partners as appropriate.
- To work with the family, the social worker, and other colleagues to develop planned interventions with a clear focus on SMART outcomes; this will set out what changes in behaviour are expected and the appropriate support required.
- To work in partnership with children, young people, and their families in contributing to plans which focus on strengths and wishes.
- To support social workers in the delivery of child protection and look after family plans.
- To monitor and review progress against agreed goals and challenges where appropriate.
- To contribute to a planned and timely exit strategy for the family including the appropriate use of Community and Voluntary organisations.
- Advocate on behalf of the family in engaging positively with and shaping the services and responses of agencies, organisations and other professionals who have a role in meeting the family’s needs.
- Work with parents and families to develop confidence to engage with services and other support from the statutory, voluntary, and independent sector.
- To plan and deliver support and evidence-based intervention packages to children, young people, parents, and carers including facilitating parenting programmes to support parents to develop their parenting skills and aspirations.
- Enhanced DBS in place.
- Right to work in the UK and a clean driving licence.
- Level 3 qualification in a relevant children’s services field.
- Experience of working and supporting vulnerable children and families in the home and community.
- 2 years written references.
Working with Seven Social Care:
We have been helping social care professionals find exciting new roles for almost a decade, so we know exactly where to look when it comes to sourcing the best opportunities. We operate across the UK, and, with over 300 five-star reviews, multiple awards, and amazing relationships with the biggest employers in UK social care, we give you the best chance of landing your next role.
We have a reputation for recruiting at lightning speed, however, we can only respond to candidates who meet the exact requirements of the position. If you have any queries about a role or application, please visit our website where our amazing candidate support team will be more than happy to help.