Family Support Worker
- Location: Plymouth, Devon
- Salary: £13.41 - £16.24 per hour
- Type: Temporary / Full Time
Seven Resourcing are looking for a temporary Family Support Worker to work in Plymouth. This position is initially for a period of 6 months and is paying £13.41 (PAYE) or £16.24 (umbrella) per hour. The working hours are Monday – Friday from 9am – 5pm.
To safeguard and promote the welfare of children, young people and families and to deliver high quality family support, assessment and interventions for the most challenging and vulnerable families (in accordance with Children Act 1989/2004, Crime and Disorder Act , Housing and Regeneration Act, Anti-Social Behaviour Act and other relevant legislation).
To contribute to Plymouth’s Early Help and Targeted Offer, as well as the Troubled Families Agenda and Plymouth’s Early Help and Family Support Agenda, to reduce risk and prevent the need for statutory intervention, acting as a lead professional where appropriate.
- Delivering a range of high quality outcome focused interventions to ensure children, young people and families are safeguarded and their welfare is promoted within their communities.
- Coordinating, promoting and prioritising multi-agency working.
- Ensuring records are accurate and timely in line with agency standards.
- Offering practical advice, information and support. This includes undertaking a screening function to ensure where appropriate there is the offer of direct early help or targeted responses to prevent issues escalating.
- Providing social care departments and other specialist providers such as health professionals and housing, evidence based assessments and interventions in respect of child protection, child in need and vulnerable adult issues.
- Taking the lead in coordinating a whole family approach, drawing in multi-agency partners to achieve outcomes.
- Working in an open and transparent way with children, young people and families by undertaking evidence based assessments that can be open to challenge in all arenas.
- NVQ 3 Childcare qualification or equivalent child/family or youth work qualification (desirable and not essential).
Experience: 2+ years working within a similar role.
Compliance: Proof of right to work in the UK and 2 x references.
Travel: Clean UK driving license with the ability to commute to and from work independently.
Hours: 37 hours p/w.
Working with Seven Social Care:
We have been helping social care professionals find exciting new roles for almost a decade, so we know exactly where to look when it comes to sourcing the best opportunities. We operate across the UK, and, with over 300 five-star reviews, multiple awards and amazing relationships with the biggest employers in UK social care, we give you the best chance of landing your next role.
We have a reputation for recruiting at lightning speed, however, we can only respond to candidates who meet the exact requirements of the position. If you have any queries about a role or application, please visit our website where our amazing candidate support team will be more than happy to help.