Job Reference: AGUITE02
Family Support Worker
- Birmingham, West Midlands
- £14 - £18 per hour
- Temporary / Full Time
Seven Social Care are looking for a conscientious individual to fill the role of Support Worker, based in the West Midlands.
To provide a range of evidence-based interventions which support children, young people and families across the 0-19 age continuum ensuring they receive appropriate, timely, outcome-focused support which improves their outcomes and prevents escalation of need.
Key Responsibilities of a Support Worker:
- Work in partnership across Children’s Services and with other agencies to deliver support to children, young people and families which is targeted, co-ordinated and meets identified need.
- Undertake holistic assessments and observations of family situations using the relevant assessment and observation tools which are outcome focused and take sufficient account of individual needs and all types of diversity.
- Plan, deliver and review individual programmes of support; ensuring that vulnerable children, young people and families achieve better outcomes leading to improved life chances.
- Manage a diverse caseload, taking the role of Lead Professional as appropriate, working in a creative, flexible and positive manner. As a champion for children and families, this will include being confident to offer healthy challenge when appropriate.
- Provide intensive support to children and families, this may mean daily contact in the family home or community venues, using a range of skills and approaches to engage them in positive change which will improve their outcomes and life chances.
- Deliver and facilitate groups (e.g. Nurture Parenting and Gateway) as required or deliver and facilitate supervised contact where deemed appropriate to the needs of the service, child and family.
- Actively participate in performance management and quality assurance activity in relation to own caseload and work.
- Qualifications: NVQ Level 4 Working with families or equivalent in a relevant field, i.e. social care, childcare, health, etc.
- Experience: 2+ years working within a similar role.
- Compliance: References covering the last 5 years and a current DBS check.
- Travel: Clean UK driving license with the ability to commute to and from work independently.
- Hours: 36 hours p/w.
Working with Seven Social Care:
We have been helping social care professionals find exciting new roles for almost a decade, so we know exactly where to look when it comes to sourcing the best opportunities. We operate across the UK, and, with over 300 five-star reviews, multiple awards and amazing relationships with the biggest employers in UK social care, we give you the best chance of landing your next role.
We have a reputation for recruiting at lightning speed, however, we can only respond to candidates who meet the exact requirements of the position. If you have any queries about a role or application, please visit our website where our amazing candidate support team will be more than happy to help.