Job Reference: MM44
Family Support Worker – Children with Disabilities
- Chessington, Greater London
- £19.66 - £19.66 per hour
- Temporary / Full Time
Seven Social Care are currently looking for a Family Support Worker to support Children with Disabilities, this role is based in Chessington.
- The family support worker will be allocated children with a wide variety of disabilities who are accessing a package of support which has been assessed as suitable for their current needs.
- The worker will drive progress for the child within their plan; liaise with the professional network and coordinate and chair meetings such as Team around the Child meetings and participate in other relevant forums such as Education and Health meetings where required.
Experience and Qualifications
- Relevant qualification related to working with children and families – (desirable)
- Experience of working with and supporting children and young people with a range of disabilities in a family support capacity or a role with transferable skills.
- Experience in understanding what is meant by ‘safeguarding children’ and the ability to recognise risk factors and consult with managers where appropriate.
This job includes working a mixture of home and office based. Every staff member has their own allocated desk space which they can use daily should they so wish. The expectation is that people come into the office at least 3 days per week although this can be agreed flexibly with managers if required to undertake visits etc. It’s not expected that staff remain in the office for full days when they are in, they can come and go as required. It’s about being together more as a team to support one another and work in a team environment.
Staff are all given smart phones and chromebooks which they can use to work flexibly from home and office etc. All landlines can be diverted to mobiles also.
Working with Seven Social Care:
We have been helping social care professionals find exciting new roles for almost a decade, so we know exactly where to look when it comes to sourcing the best opportunities. We operate across the UK, and, with over 300 five-star reviews, multiple awards and amazing relationships with the biggest employers in UK social care, we give you the best chance of landing your next role.
We have a reputation for recruiting at lightning speed, however, we can only respond to candidates who meet the exact requirements of the position. If you have any queries about a role or application, please visit our website where our amazing candidate support team will be more than happy to help.