Family Worker – Children Cared for Teams
- Location: South Shields, England
- Salary: £12.7 - £15.92 per hour
- Type: Temporary / Full Time
- Contact: Sam Boggis
Seven Resourcing are looking for a temporary Family Worker to work in South Shields for an initial period of 6 months. This position is paying £12.70 PAYE or £15.92 umbrella per hour. The working hours are from Monday – Friday (9am – 5pm).
As a family worker you will provide direct support and interventions to children / young people and families under direction and support of the practice manager. You will have access to practice guidance and support from social workers, assistant team managers and practice managers. Family workers will be an integral member of the Team around the Child/Family and will work alongside other professionals to contribute to whole family assessments and will be required to deliver planned interventions to parents and carers, utilising a range of evidence based early intervention methods and approaches within a multi-agency context. The role will support the service achieve its goals of ensuring that children cared for maintain and sustain links with their own families and communities where ever this is in the child’s best interests.
- To help ensure the team / service is able to deliver flexible, responsive services to meet the needs of children / young people and their families both in and outside ‘office hours’.
- To help ensure the service is able to identify and manage need and risk safely whilst supporting children.
- To help ensure the service works in partnership with children, young people and families as part of the team around the child / family in undertaking assessments and delivering support, ensuring their voices are heard and valued.
- To help ensure the team / service works in partnership with colleagues from other agencies to develop and delivered coordinated packages of support that provide a positive journey through intervention and support for the child / young person and family.
- To work towards reunification within families and communities wherever possible, based on the premise that for the majority of children and young people care within their own family and community is the best option.
- To help ensure children, young people and families are able to benefit from a range of evidence based tools and techniques so that assessments and interventions are rooted in a holistic view of the child and family’s needs and lead to long term change and improvement.
- To ensure that a customer and user focus results in professional judgements that promote and are respectful of culture, language, ethnic origin, faith, gender, sexual orientation and disability, so that rights and responsibilities are respected.
- NVQ Level 2 in Health and Social Care.
Experience: 2+ years working within a similar role.
Compliance: Current DBS check and references covering the last 2 years.
Travel: Clean UK driving license with the ability to commute to and from work independently.
Hours: 37.5 hours p/w.
Working with Seven Social Care:
We have been helping social care professionals find exciting new roles for almost a decade, so we know exactly where to look when it comes to sourcing the best opportunities. We operate across the UK, and, with over 300 five-star reviews, multiple awards and amazing relationships with the biggest employers in UK social care, we give you the best chance of landing your next role.
We have a reputation for recruiting at lightning speed, however, we can only respond to candidates who meet the exact requirements of the position. If you have any queries about a role or application, please visit our website where our amazing candidate support team will be more than happy to help.