Job Reference: 58013
Fostering Family Support Worker
- Dudley, Tyne and Wear
- £14.32 - £14.32 per hour
- Temporary / Full Time
Seven Social Care is working with Seven Social Care to recruit a Family Support Worker for the Fostering Team in Dudley MBC.
Monday – Friday 37 hours per week.
Corbyn Road DY1 2AA.
£14.32 per hour.
An exciting opportunity has arisen within the Fostering service. If you are an experienced family support worker this could be an excellent development opportunity for you. The role is to support the development and growth of the Post Order Service with respect to Special Guardians.
– Sign post to other services
– Offer immediate support, advice and guidance
– Complete an assessment of need with a view to making an application to the Adoption Support Fund for therapeutic services
As part of this role you will be carrying out high quality Early Help assessments, develop and implement high quality Early Help Family Support plans.
Working in partnership with families to ensure that they are provided with the right support at the right time to promote the welfare of children and young people living within the family.
Reducing the risk of abuse and neglect and the need for statutory social care intervention.
Proactively engage and support the most vulnerable and challenging children, young people and their families to strengthen the family and improve their outcomes, develop their resilience and reduce dependency upon specialist services.
Delivering a ‘Think Family’ approach ensuring that all services working with the family are coordinated and work effectively together whilst maintaining a focus upon the safety and wellbeing of the children and young people.
Implementing, monitoring and reviewing family support intervention plans, including the delivery of evidence based parenting programmes, activities and group work sessions to strengthen family resilience.
Enabling the development of positive strategies to enable families to gain and maintain independence and control over all aspects of their lives and contribute positively within the community.
Working assertively with families with complex often interrelated problems including reducing truancy and school exclusion, improving under attainment and aspiration through education, learning and employment, reducing antisocial behavior and crime, improving health and developing a healthy lifestyle, maintaining and sustaining tenancies.
Contributing to high quality assessments to secure the best outcomes for children and young people.
Working alongside social workers to implement the Care plan when statutory intervention is required.
Ensuring that all children, young people and vulnerable adults are adequately protected in line with Dudley Safeguarding Children and Adult Board reporting procedures.
Working as an effective team member positively implementing the Early Help strategy, prioritising the needs of families in need of support and intervention.
- Qualifications: Professional qualification relevant to work with children and families at NVQ3 or above.
- Good Literacy and English writing and numeracy skills level 3 and above Evidence of continued learning and development Good level of IT skills and application
- Experience: Experience of working with children, young people and families at risk of statutory intervention.
- Experience of working with families with multiple and complex interrelated problems.
- Experience of delivery of evidence based parenting programmes or interventions or a willingness to undertake training to deliver these.
- Experience of carrying out risk and needs assessment and the development, coordination, implementation, monitoring and review of Family support plans
- Experience of working in a multi-agency setting/environment.
- Compliance: Up to date Passport and DBS.
- Travel: Clean UK driving license with the ability to commute to and from work independently.
- Hours: 37 hours p/w.
Working with Seven Social Care:
We have been helping social care professionals find exciting new roles for almost a decade, so we know exactly where to look when it comes to sourcing the best opportunities. We operate across the UK, and, with over 300 five-star reviews, multiple awards and amazing relationships with the biggest employers in UK social care, we give you the best chance of landing your next role.
We have a reputation for recruiting at lightning speed, however, we can only respond to candidates who meet the exact requirements of the position. If you have any queries about a role or application, please visit our website where our amazing candidate support team will be more than happy to help.