Fostering Social Worker
- Location: Bedworth, England
- Salary: £30000 - £42000 per annum
- Type: Temporary / Full Time
- Contact: Alistair Guite
Seven Social Care is working with SWAP Foster Care to recruit a Fostering Social Worker.
Pay is between £30,000 – £42,000 depending on experience.
You must have had Qualified Experience in the UK. Unfortunately we cannot accept anyone coming on a visa with this role.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Supervising Social Worker/ Advanced Practitioner to join our friendly fostering team. We are a small family-oriented agency committed to providing quality foster placements that are able to provide a stable, safe, consistent and caring environment for children in care. The ideal candidate will share our ongoing commitment in providing excellence in the quality placements we provide.
Duties and Responsibilities:
As a Supervising Social Worker you will:
– Undertake comprehensive assessments of applicant foster parents,
– Support Foster parents, their placements and complete necessary documentation.
– Contribute to foster parent recruitment and marketing,
– Contribute to staff training,
– Contribute to foster parent training and support groups,
– Participate in supervision,
– Participate in the out of hour’s duty system on a rolling weekly rota,
– Attend fostering panel and present matters including assessments & reports.
– An ability to work as part of a team and independently as required.
– An ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines.
– Enhanced DBS (previously known as CRB) disclosure assessed as no relevant disclosures.
– Good interpersonal skills.
– Good communication skills.
– Good organisational skills.
– Good problem-solving skills.
– You will need to be a Qualified (DipSW/CQSW) Social Worker,
– Ideally with 1 year post qualifying experience for Practitioner role or, 3+ years for Advanced Practitioner role, working with Looked After Children and/or Foster Carers.
– Experience of working in a Fostering Service is Advantageous.
– You will need Social Work England Registration,
– Full UK Driving License and access to a vehicle,
– A good working knowledge of current relevant legislative frameworks to Children Social Care and Fostering including the Children Act 1989, National Minimum Standards and Fostering Services Regulations as a minimum.
– Ability to use ICT effectively to fulfil job responsibilities.
– Competitive salary £30,000 – £42,000 depending on skills/ experience/ qualifications. Advanced Practitioner up to £45,000.
– Up to 5 weeks paid Annual Leave with in-service increases,
– All additional English Public/Bank holidays (8) totalling 34 days leave per annum.
– Participation in ‘People’s Pension’ contributory scheme.
– Regular monthly supervisory support.
– Regular Annual and 6-monthly performance reviews.
– Protected Caseloads of no more than 10-15 cases,
– Regular monthly training to support CPD.
- Qualifications: Degree approved by the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC).
- Experience: 2+ years working with children as a qualified Social Worker in the UK.
- Compliance: Up to date SWE registration and DBS.
- Travel: Clean UK driving license with the ability to commute to and from work independently.
- Hours: 37 hours p/w.
Working with Seven Social Care:
We have been helping social care professionals find exciting new roles for almost a decade, so we know exactly where to look when it comes to sourcing the best opportunities. We operate across the UK, and, with over 300 five-star reviews, multiple awards and amazing relationships with the biggest employers in UK social care, we give you the best chance of landing your next role.
We have a reputation for recruiting at lightning speed, however, we can only respond to candidates who meet the exact requirements of the position. If you have any queries about a role or application, please visit our website where our amazing candidate support team will be more than happy to help.