Job Reference: 59460
- Coventry, West Midlands
- £13.09 - £13.09 per hour
- Temporary / Full Time
Seven Resourcing LTD is helping Coventry City Council recruit a Funeral Co-ordinator for their Bereavement Services.
Initial 3 month contract
Under the general direction of the Funeral Coordinator Team Leader, to be responsible for the day-to-day administration of all activities within statutory legislation associated with, the Crematorium and the City Cemeteries, Social Funerals, Memorial Safety, the Memorial Mason Registration Scheme, Memorial Marketing and the public reception.
1. Provide a front line reception service both in person and on the telephone to members of the public, funeral directors, memorial masons and the clergy, including decision-making and use of initiative in providing a coordinated diary booking service to provide an integrated funeral service.
2. Ensure that all operational documents needed for the smooth operation of Canley Crematorium/Cemeteries are prepared on time and information passed to the Assistant Manager of Bereavement Services, Crematorium Officers, Senior Burial Supervisor and (or) the Burial Supervisors.
3. Ensure that all statutory and non-statutory documents are submitted on time, checked and prepared for presentation to the Medical Referee.
4. To understand the relevant legislation and complete in the prescribed way all statutory registration work within timeframes and targets set.
5. When required to carry out strewing of cremated remains in the Gardens of Remembrance or on graves escorting and discussing with families their requirements and liaising with a team of Cemetery Operatives to ensure the grave is prepared correctly.
6. To monitor the list of retained cremated remains and alert management when they remain over the due dates sending out the correct correspondence.
7. To ensure the Deeds of Exclusive Rights are accurately produced, signed by the Manager and sent within targets set.
8. To carry out the first phase of the cash, cheque and electronic card receipting procedures, banking weekly and also completing the monthly accounting procedures. Notifying Exchequer Banking daily to inform them of the daily credit card sales.
9. To carry out accurate record data inputting, back feeding from Statutory Registers and updating of the Memorial Safety Inspection Register and to administer membership, checking insurance documents, liability and monitor the Memorial Mason Registration Scheme alerting Management of a breach of the scheme.
10. To prepare Erasmus (software package) and down load onto the palm held computer for the Memorial Safety Officer and Memorial Safety Inspectors to carry out safety inspections and then after the inspections have taken place to down load the palm held computer data onto the Gower software system into the relevant Registers.
11. Ensure the relevant correspondence goes to the applicant of The Exclusive Right of Burial when a memorial is found unsafe and produce safety warning notices as and when required.
12. To carry out the processing of Memorial Headstone applications by checking all statutory documents, producing permits to erect, imputing finance, registering memorials placed in the cemeteries and recording when the 30-year lease starts.
13. To assist the Bereavement Services Memorials Officer when carrying out Social Funerals and property searches ensuring all valuables are secure and catalogued.
14. To communicate verbally and in writing in a caring, sympathetic manner to Services users and Stakeholders of the service.
15. To assist with memorial marketing procedures for post cremation memorials in the Gardens of Remembrance across the city to ensure financial targets are met.
16. To provide secretarial support to the Manager of the service, the Medical Referee and the Deputy Medical Referees.
17. To make daily, grave markers, setting up the calligraphic machine and informing Supervisors when they are ready for erection on the day of the funeral.
18. To understand and read statutory cemetery plans to convey locations either by instruction or accompany families to the grave location.
19. Any other duties and responsibilities within the range of the salary grade.
– Qualifications: – RSA 1 word processing, equivalent or relevant experience
– Experience: – Dealing with enquiries from members of the public.
– Use of computer systems in order to retrieve and input data, carry out banking procedures and be adaptable to specialist software packages.
– Of customer care principals.
– Compliance: Up to date passport.
– Travel: Clean UK driving license with the ability to commute to and from work independently.
– Hours: 37.5 hours p/w.
Working with Seven Social Care:
We have been helping social care professionals find exciting new roles for almost a decade, so we know exactly where to look when it comes to sourcing the best opportunities. We operate across the UK, and, with over 300 five-star reviews, multiple awards and amazing relationships with the biggest employers in UK social care, we give you the best chance of landing your next role.
We have a reputation for recruiting at lightning speed, however, we can only respond to candidates who meet the exact requirements of the position. If you have any queries about a role or application, please visit our website where our amazing candidate support team will be more than happy to help.