Job Reference: 60119
- Coventry, West Midlands
- £17 - £17 per hour
- Temporary / Full Time
Seven Resourcing is working with Coventry City Council to recruit a Gas Engineer for Whitley Bay Depot’s Repairs and Maintenance Service.
£17 per hour.
Under the direction of the M&E Facilities Manager you will provide a site based, practical solution to a variety of Building Services related customer needs including, planned maintenance, reactive repairs and minor works.
The role will involve:
– Installing and maintaining heating systems
– Installing Domestic and commercial boilers
– Installing and maintaining water heaters
– Gas Health & Safety and Compliance
Responsible for carrying out all work in compliance with industry standards, British standards and applying all relevant Approved Codes of Practice.
– Attend and resolve reactive repair works as issued by the planners within set time frames to ensure client expectations are met. Carry out fault diagnosis and repairs within the trade area.
– Install domestic and commercial boilers and associated equipment.
– Liaise with customers ensuring that works are carried out satisfactorily and to their specification.
Communicating with customers to set expectations.
– Undertake heating/combustion planned preventative maintenance works, within set time frames to ensure statutory compliance.
Undertake and be able to carry out general plumbing duties including alterations to pipework
and fittings while understanding any legionella risks.
– Understanding statutory compliance with industry standards, British standards and applying all
relevant Approved Codes of Practice.
– Ensuring that your personal skills, knowledge and qualifications are up to date as required by
– Responsible for the maintenance and/or safe use of any equipment, plant, vehicle or tools
issued for the purpose of carrying out tasks.
– Use the computer aided facilities management system to accurately record and report work
details and materials used on all jobs.
– Ensure that the security and good housekeeping of all sites, equipment, and stores are kept to
– Identify and bring immediately to attention any safety matter identified to their
– Be a part of the out of hours on call rota when required.
– Any other duties and responsibilities within the range of the salary grade.
- – Domestic, Industrial and commercial gas and oil-fired Systems
Approved City & Guilds/CITB/ACS qualifications relevant to both domestic and commercial aspects of the industry.
– Commercial Gas Qualifications desirable but not essentia
– Statutory gas compliance
– Electrical and electronic controls desirable but not essential
Experience: Approved apprenticeship or similar relevant experience
– Working in a maintenance environment.
– Working in a similar commercial environment
Compliance: Up to date Passport.
Travel: Clean UK driving license with the ability to commute to and from work independently.
Hours: 37 hours p/w.
Working with Seven Social Care:
We have been helping social care professionals find exciting new roles for almost a decade, so we know exactly where to look when it comes to sourcing the best opportunities. We operate across the UK, and, with over 300 five-star reviews, multiple awards and amazing relationships with the biggest employers in UK social care, we give you the best chance of landing your next role.
We have a reputation for recruiting at lightning speed, however, we can only respond to candidates who meet the exact requirements of the position. If you have any queries about a role or application, please visit our website where our amazing candidate support team will be more than happy to help.