Grounds Maintenance Worker
- Location: Plymouth, England
- Salary: £14.22 - £14.22 per hour
- Type: Temporary / Full Time
- Contact: Kelby Sharber
Seven Social Care are looking for 1 Grounds Maintenance Worker to work for Plymouth City Council based.This position is full time (37 hours per week) and is paying £14.22 per hour.
You will act as a member of a team and contribute to the delivery
of burial, cremation, memorial, grounds maintenance and other infrastructure
functions within the Councils cemeteries and closed churchyards.
Liaising with the bereaved, visitors and other stakeholders in a sensitive,
professional and tactful manner. And should be able to communicate with
empathy, sensitivity, tact and professionalism.
- To undertake some duties involved in the burial of the deceased (e.g. preparation and digging of the grave, followed by back filling of the grave) (10%)
- Ensure the careful use of associated equipment and machinery (e.g. grass cutter, strimmer, blower etc.) (20%)
- Assist with any enquiries from members of the public, Funeral Directors, Clergy and Celebrants (5%)
- To be suitably dressed and presentable in line with a Bereavement Service environment (5%)
- To promote equality, diversity and inclusion, maintaining an awareness of the equality and diversity protocol/policy and working to create and maintain a safe, supportive and welcoming environment where all people are treated with dignity and their identity and culture are valued and respected. (5%)
- Carry out other duties appropriate to the grade of the post
- Experience: Either 2 GCSE’s Grade A*-C (9-4) in English and Maths or equivalent OR Literacy and Numeracy commensurate with the grading of the post.
- Travel: Clean UK driving license with the ability to commute to and from work independently.
- Hours: 37 hours p/w.
Working with Seven Social Care:
We have been helping social care professionals find exciting new roles for almost a decade, so we know exactly where to look when it comes to sourcing the best opportunities. We operate across the UK, and, with over 300 five-star reviews, multiple awards and amazing relationships with the biggest employers in UK social care, we give you the best chance of landing your next role.
We have a reputation for recruiting at lightning speed, however, we can only respond to candidates who meet the exact requirements of the position. If you have any queries about a role or application, please visit our website where our amazing candidate support team will be more than happy to help.