Job Reference: 57512
Head of Service of Child Protection/Children in Need
- Tameside, Greater Manchester
- £400 - £400 per day
- Temporary / Full Time
Seven Social Care are looking for a Head of Children’s Service with an immediate start for a 4-6-month period. This role will cover strategic and operational functions across: PLO/Pre proceedings, Children in Need / Child Protection, Court proceedings. Blended working is required for this position with a minimum of 2-3 days onsite required.
-Contribute as a member of the senior management team to the formulation of overall strategy for the service area, setting and ensuring compliance with policy and performance targets for the service.
-Responsible for the strategic development of those services allocated to the postholder by the Assistant Executive Director.
-Overall responsibility for the management and delivery of the allocated service area.
-Ensure the Council’s aims and objectives, vision and core values are met, demonstrated, and promoted.
-Represent the Assistant Executive Director as required.
– Develop, continually improve, and maintain a service which is centred on meeting the needs of children, young people, and their families in a multi-agency context.
– Operate and implement an effective performance management and quality assurance system to manage service, team, and individual performance. This will include the identification of key indicators and the management of actions to address under performance and enhance positive outcomes.
– Develop and ensure the delivery of high quality effective and efficient services to the children, young people, and families.
-Build and develop the strengths and talents of employees within the allocated service areas, creating a confident learning and development environment where staff welfare and retention is a core responsibility.
- Experience: More than 2 years’ experience at a minimum at Head of Service Level across statutory functions for children’s safeguarding.
- Qualifications: Social Work degree or equivalent relevant professional qualification/registration with SWE.
- Compliance: Up to date DBS, Right to Work in the UK.
- Travel: Clean UK driving license with the ability to commute to and from work independently.
- Hours: 35 hours, 14 nights over a 4-week period. 10 hour shifts 21.45 to 07.45. To work as part of a rota, including weekends and Bank Holidays as required (these arrangements may be subject to change at short notice)
Working with Seven Social Care:
We have been helping social care professionals find exciting new roles for almost a decade, so we know exactly where to look when it comes to sourcing the best opportunities. We operate across the UK, and, with over 300 five-star reviews, multiple awards and amazing relationships with the biggest employers in UK social care, we give you the best chance of landing your next role.
We have a reputation for recruiting at lightning speed, however, we can only respond to candidates who meet the exact requirements of the position. If you have any queries about a role or application, please visit our website where our amazing candidate support team will be more than happy to help.