Health and Social Care Officer
- Location: Byker, England
- Salary: £11.18 - £13.54 per hour
- Type: Temporary / Full Time
- Contact: Sam Boggis
Seven Resourcing are looking for a temporary Health and Social Care Officer to work in Newcastle. This position is initially for a period of 3 months and is paying £11.18 (PAYE) or £13.54 (umbrella). The position will involve working full-time (Monday – Friday from 0am – 5pm).
Use a reablement approach to work with service users with disabilities or health needs to provide personal care, general support and practical help which will encourage the service user to achieve continued independence in the community, relative to their needs.
- To assist in the implementation of the care plan by carrying out the required personal care tasks; practical and hygiene tasks; and assistance with financial, social and recreational activities.
- To be involved in a working relationship with service users and carers within the care plan. To appropriately involve service users at all times, ensuring the constant promotion of the individual’s right to dignity, respect and choice.
- To work as a member of a team sharing relevant information about service users and the general running of the service in a timely and professional manner. To keep senior staff informed of any changes (medical, physical, mental or social) in the service user’s circumstances.
- To complete observations and recording to provide information regarding service user progress against the care plan.
- To contribute to the continued safe operation of the service through adherence to the health, safety, and security procedures of the service.
- To identify risks of harm and abuse to individuals and take necessary action to deal with this.
- To ensure personal and professional development by participating in support, supervision, appraisal and training programmes as required.
- NVQ in Health and Social Care (desirable and not essential).
Experience: 2+ years working within a similar role.
Compliance: Current DBS check and 2 x references.
Travel: Clean UK driving license with the ability to commute to and from work independently.
Hours: 37.5 hours p/w.
Working with Seven Social Care:
We have been helping social care professionals find exciting new roles for almost a decade, so we know exactly where to look when it comes to sourcing the best opportunities. We operate across the UK, and, with over 300 five-star reviews, multiple awards and amazing relationships with the biggest employers in UK social care, we give you the best chance of landing your next role.
We have a reputation for recruiting at lightning speed, however, we can only respond to candidates who meet the exact requirements of the position. If you have any queries about a role or application, please visit our website where our amazing candidate support team will be more than happy to help.