Job Reference: 58226
Health Care Support Worker
- Portsmouth, Hampshire
- £12 - £15 per hour
- Temporary / Full Time
Seven Resourcing are looking for a number of temporary Health Care Support Workers to work at a school in Portsmouth. These positions are initially for a period of 4 months and will be paying £12.00 – £15.00 per hour (PAYE and umbrella payment options are available).
To assist qualified staff in the provision of nursing care (including health promotion) as detailed in individual care plans.
Participate in the performing of appropriate tasks necessary to meet the needs of the ward/unit.
Assist service users outside the unit/ward/community environment to establish and maintain social contacts (unsupervised for periods of up to 1 hour in the local vicinity).
To undertake tasks that facilitate the smooth running of the unit/ward/community setting as directed by qualified staff Accurately record patient information.
- Support the SSN with administration and implementation of the programmes of specialised care for children who attend specific special schools and support with clinics and health promotion.
- Have specific delegated tasks and skills to enable them to provide supportive care to children with a variety of nursing needs, including long term conditions and complex and multiple needs, life limiting conditions, learning disabilities and those with challenging behaviour and/or autism related diagnoses.
- Provide access to health promotion, public health programme and specialist nursing programmes alongside their multidisciplinary team (MDT).
- Provide specialist support under instruction and guidance from their SSN to the wider MDT, children and their families whilst promoting evidence-based practice.
- Utilise knowledge and expertise to work in collaboration with the special schools to ensure the children attending can access health promotion, public health programme and specialist nursing programmes alongside their multidisciplinary team. The SSN HCSW will support the SSN team in ensuring the health needs of the children are maintained and the education and support of the school staff is accessible.
- Have a good understanding and/or experience of children with Profound and Multiple Learning disabilities (PMLD) and Severe Learning Disabilities (SLD).
- Assist in the administration of medication in school as delegated by the SSN team following assessment of competence and medications management training.
- Assist in the second checking of Control Drugs in school as delegated by the SSN team following assessment of competence and medications management training.
- Assist the special school nurses in provision of essential training (and updates) to staff for all delegated tasks and health promotion activities carried out in school, including staff competencies.
- Ensure school staff are trained and advise on best practice guidance regarding medicines management, medicines waste disposal and medicines administration techniques with support from Special school nurses.
- Create referrals to other professionals where required which includes continence service, CCN service, CPMS, Respite centres & wider allied health professionals (AHP’s)
- Qualifications: Healthcare qualification Level 2, 3 or working towards gaining equivalent level.
- Experience: Experience in either a hospital or community setting.
- Compliance: Proof of ability to work and live in the UK. Current DBS check and 2 x references.
- Travel: Clean UK driving license with the ability to commute to and from work independently.
- Hours: 35 hours p/w.
Working with Seven Education:
We have been helping teachers find exciting new roles for almost a decade, so we know exactly where to look when it comes to sourcing the best opportunities. We operate across the UK, and, with over 300 five-star reviews, multiple awards and amazing relationships with the biggest employers in UK education, we give you the best chance of landing your next role.
We have a reputation for recruiting at lightning speed, however, we can only respond to candidates who meet the exact requirements of the position. If you have any queries about a role or application, please visit our website where our amazing candidate support team will be more than happy to help.