Job Reference: 59085
- Colchester, Essex
- £11.17 - £13.17 per hour
- Temporary / Full Time
Seven Resourcing are looking for a number of Healthcare Assistants to work in Colchester, Essex. This is a part time role working ‘as and when’ shifts, these can be agreed with the care home.
You’ll be required to work shifts throughout a 24-hour period (days and nights), including weekends and Bank Holidays.
£11.17 per hour day shift
£13.17 per hour awake night shift
We require a pool of Residential Workers to cover ongoing as and when shifts to support absence and vacant headcounts in order to maintain safe staffing levels within the home.
This will be an ongoing requirement and semi regular shifts can be picked up to suit the needs of the home and post holders. You must be an experienced carer and work in a person centred manner, that is flexible and reliable. You must have previous experience in this field and be able to hit the ground running. Full training is provided and induction is paid.
This role will be focused on being a committed, flexible and passionate member of a team working within a residential/short break service to ensure the provision of a high quality service for adults. The role will work collaboratively with adults, their families and other professionals in a residential home environment.
The role will support adults in accordance with their care plans and ensuring access to social and leisure activities according to their needs and wishes. The role also includes the continuous monitoring of individuals emotional and general wellbeing.
- Provides support to individuals to ensure they are able to reach their optimum independence and can exert control in their everyday lives, in accordance with the care plan.
- Supports individuals/groups to access social and leisure activities which may include college classes, resource centres, community access and other activities.
- Monitoring individual emotional and general wellbeing on a daily basis and ensure the protection of adults from abuse, reporting any concerns to senior managers.
- Support individuals to make choices in a way that always respects their dignity and privacy and promotes their choice in accordance with the care plan and any other key documents.
- Ensure respectful, patient and courteous approaches are undertaken with adults, their families, visitors and colleagues whether within the home or out in the community.
- Undertakes accurate and legible recording to ensure it meets the Care Quality Commission standards and positively promote Adult Social Care.
- Specific individual and shared targets and objectives are defined annually within the performance management framework.
- Qualifications: Educated to RQF Level 2 (GCSE) or equivalent by experience with a willingness to achieve the award within 24 months of starting the role.
- Experience: 2+ years working within a similar role.
- Compliance: Current DBS check and references covering the last 5 years.
- Travel: Clean UK driving license with the ability to commute to and from work independently.
- Hours: As and when shifts.
Working with Seven Social Care:
We have been helping social care professionals find exciting new roles for almost a decade, so we know exactly where to look when it comes to sourcing the best opportunities. We operate across the UK, and, with over 300 five-star reviews, multiple awards and amazing relationships with the biggest employers in UK social care, we give you the best chance of landing your next role.
We have a reputation for recruiting at lightning speed, however, we can only respond to candidates who meet the exact requirements of the position. If you have any queries about a role or application, please visit our website where our amazing candidate support team will be more than happy to help.