Job Reference: 57539
- Nottingham, Nottinghamshire
- £21 - £21 per hour
- Temporary / Full Time
Seven Resourcing is working with Nottingham City Council to recruit 3 HGV mechanics for their parking, fleet and transport services.
£21 per hour.
Initial 3 month contract with the onlook of extension.
To provide a high quality, comprehensive and efficient maintenance, inspection, repair and test service for both the Council’s internal fleet and external customers, which includes a diverse range of HGVs, light vehicles and road going plant.
All work must be compliant with statutory legislation, the legal requirements of the Council’s Operator’s Licence, taxi licensing legislation, DVSA requirements and internal Council policies and procedures.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. To maintain, inspect, repair and test both Council and external customers’ vehicles, plant and equipment.
2. Prepare, present and accompany HGV vehicles for annual MOT inspections.
3. To carry out periodic safety inspections on all HGV vehicles to DVSA inspection manual standards.
4. To carry out fault diagnosis on complex hydraulic, pneumatic and electrical systems.
5. To carry out welding, fabrication and body repairs as required.
6. To attend broken down or accident damaged vehicles and effect permanent or running repairs.
7. To prepare and decommission vehicles – fitting and removing a diverse range of ancillary equipment, accessories and livery.
8. To ensure that all associated records are updated promptly, accurately and effectively using the fleet management software system.
9. To ensure that all Health and Safety policies, practices and procedures in respect of the workshop environment are adhered to and ensure that all work areas are kept in a safe and clean condition.
10. To attend training courses linked to PDR reviews and service needs.
- Qualifications: City & Guilds Level 3 qualification in Heavy Motor Vehicle Engineering, or equivalent.
- Qualified to DVSA standards for HGV inspections and tests
- Full driving licence with Category C entitlement
- Experience: Experience of working with all aspects of HGV and light commercial maintenance and repair.
- Experience of working on municipal vehicles is desirable
- Compliance: Up to date Passport.
- Travel: Clean UK driving license with the ability to commute to and from work independently.
- Hours: 37 hours p/w.
Working with Seven Social Care:
We have been helping social care professionals find exciting new roles for almost a decade, so we know exactly where to look when it comes to sourcing the best opportunities. We operate across the UK, and, with over 300 five-star reviews, multiple awards and amazing relationships with the biggest employers in UK social care, we give you the best chance of landing your next role.
We have a reputation for recruiting at lightning speed, however, we can only respond to candidates who meet the exact requirements of the position. If you have any queries about a role or application, please visit our website where our amazing candidate support team will be more than happy to help.