Job Reference: 59921
Homeless Prevention & Assessment Officer
- Birkenhead, Merseyside
- £24 - £30 per hour
- Temporary / Full Time
Seven Resourcing are looking for a temporary Homeless Prevention and Assessment Officer to work in Birkenhead, Wirral. This position is initially for a period of 3 months and is paying £24.00 – £30.02 per hour (PAYE and umbrella payment options available).
Deliver a professional Housing Options and Homeless service providing advice, support and guidance to ensure that all clients receive timely interventions and assessments to support them into permanent and settled affordable accommodation.
- Ensure that housing advice and assistance is given to all clients with due regard to housing legislation (under the 1996 Housing Act, Homelessness Act 2002 & Children’s Act 1989) within the agreed timescales ensuring compliance to the requirements of the legislation.
- Identify problems causing potential homelessness and provide tailored solutions, advice and assistance to facilitate and secure alternative settled accommodation and prevent homeless.
- Work proactively with relevant Council departments, Floating Support Providers/Partners, Health/Hospital Trust, Private Landlords Family Support Unit, Probation and Registered Providers to ensure that effective support is identified and implemented to prevent homelessness, ensure timely assessments and support clients into settled accommodation.
- Provide advice and assistance to clients with complex needs and sign post to the relevant services and support
- Keep up to date with all current housing and benefit’s legislation to ensure compliance.
- Ensure that Families and individuals are placed appropriately in temporary accommodation that fully meet their needs, ensuring that move on plans are in place and that clients do not exceed legal deadlines.
Experience: Experience of homelessness and housing advice work
Compliance: Current DBS check and references covering the last 5 years.
Travel: Clean UK driving license with the ability to commute to and from work independently.
Hours: 36 hours p/w.
Working with Seven Social Care:
We have been helping social care professionals find exciting new roles for almost a decade, so we know exactly where to look when it comes to sourcing the best opportunities. We operate across the UK, and, with over 300 five-star reviews, multiple awards and amazing relationships with the biggest employers in UK social care, we give you the best chance of landing your next role.
We have a reputation for recruiting at lightning speed, however, we can only respond to candidates who meet the exact requirements of the position. If you have any queries about a role or application, please visit our website where our amazing candidate support team will be more than happy to help.