Job Reference: 58816
Homeless Support Worker
- Gateshead, Tyne and Wear
- £12.17 - £14.96 per hour
- Temporary / Full Time
Seven Resourcing are looking for a temporary Homeless Support Worker to work in Gateshead. This position is initially for a period of 6 months and is paying £12.17 – £14.96 per hour (PAYE and umbrella payment options are available ).
To provide practical help and advice to homeless people with complex needs to enable them to sustain a future tenancy.
- To provide general and practical support and advice to homeless and potentially homeless people with complex needs
- To work with clients to complete benefit applications and ensure they receive necessary services change to prepare them to move on.
- To take responsibility for Safeguarding & promoting the welfare of children or vulnerable adults.
- To advise clients on developing their life skills to enable them to live independently.
- To liaise and communicate effectively with colleagues, other agencies and clients in order to share knowledge.
- To report concerns and monitor anti-social behaviour to ensure compliance with statutory duties and current best practice.
- To monitor and review support accurately recording information and updating tenants records on a regular basis to ensure that appropriate action is taken when required.
- Qualifications: N/A.
- Experience: 2+ years working within a similar role.
- Compliance: 2 written references, current DBS check and proof of right to work in the UK.
- Travel: Clean UK driving license with the ability to commute to and from work independently.
- Hours: 37.5 hours p/w.
Working with Seven Social Care:
We have been helping social care professionals find exciting new roles for almost a decade, so we know exactly where to look when it comes to sourcing the best opportunities. We operate across the UK, and, with over 300 five-star reviews, multiple awards and amazing relationships with the biggest employers in UK social care, we give you the best chance of landing your next role.
We have a reputation for recruiting at lightning speed, however, we can only respond to candidates who meet the exact requirements of the position. If you have any queries about a role or application, please visit our website where our amazing candidate support team will be more than happy to help.