Job Reference: MM1020
Homelessness Prevention & Advice Officer
- Elmbridge, Worcestershire
- £25 - £31.15 per hour
- Temporary / Full Time
Seven Social Care is looking for a Homeless Prevention and Advice Officer, for an exclusive opportunity within Elmbridge Borough Council.
This role pays £31.15 per hour Umbrella, or £25 PAYE.
- You will work to prevent homelessness wherever possible developing and keeping under review personalised housing plans as required by the Homelessness Reduction Act.
- To maximise housing solutions, you will work collaboratively with key partners and stakeholders to provide the best prospect for a client to secure and sustain accommodation.
- If homelessness can’t be prevented, you will seek suitable housing options for clients and will undertake homelessness investigations to determine the duty owed to clients under homelessness legislation.
- You will manage a caseload to prevent homelessness wherever possible, developing and keeping under review personalised Housing Plans as required by the Homelessness Reduction Act to ensure they remain relevant, motivating clients to be proactive in sustaining or seeking accommodation.
- You will work to comply with our prevention and relief duties, issuing decision notifications, undertaking full homelessness investigation, determining the duty owed issuing decision letters in compliance with the Council’s duties under the Housing Act 1996 as amended, Homelessness Reduction Act, Codes of Guidance and caselaw.
- You will interview households who are threatened with homelessness and explain what duties may be owed to them including the provision of interim accommodation as appropriate so they are clear on the procedures that will be followed with a focus on finding housing solutions.
- Your main aim will be to prevent homelessness where possible and to work as part of a team operating a frontline customer service including assessing applicants who approach as homeless on the day
- Interviewing applicants, demonstrating good telephone manner / skills as all interviews are conducted by telephone at present
- Participate in a rota of regular telephone appointments, dealing with homeless emergencies, delivering general housing advice, responding to emails and referrals
- Assessing homeless applications under prevention and relief duties and developing personal housing plans
- Assessment and investigation, reaching s184 decisions with confidence, particularly around vulnerability
- Work under own initiative and be very confident in dealing with applications and reaching decisions
- Able to be both office based 2-3 times per week, undertake home visits and work from home as required
- Experience: Experience in a similar role
- Travel: Clean UK driving license with the ability to commute to and from work independently.
- Hours: 36 hours p/w.
Working with Seven Social Care:
We have been helping social care professionals find exciting new roles for almost a decade, so we know exactly where to look when it comes to sourcing the best opportunities. We operate across the UK, and, with over 300 five-star reviews, multiple awards and amazing relationships with the biggest employers in UK social care, we give you the best chance of landing your next role.
We have a reputation for recruiting at lightning speed, however, we can only respond to candidates who meet the exact requirements of the position. If you have any queries about a role or application, please visit our website where our amazing candidate support team will be more than happy to help.