Job Reference: 56981
- Leicester, Leicestershire
- £13.08 - £13.08 per hour
- Temporary / Full Time
Seven Social Care is looking for a Hostel Officer to fill an exclusive opportunity working at The Dawn Centre in Leicester.
The role of a Hostel Support Worker is to provide support and assistance to individuals with homeless issues. This role also requires individuals to work with other agencies outside of the hostel in supporting homeless individuals e.g., Police, Social Services.
The role may also require individuals to deal with out-of-hours referrals often at short notice.
- Will need to be able to work shifts on a rota basis as well as be able to work unsociable hours, weekends and bank holidays.
Ensuring that hostel occupants comply with hostel rules and regulations.
Allocating rooms/bedding and other resource to occupants and ensuring that all hostel equipment is maintained to a good standard
Reporting any breakages/repairs needed to appropriate teams within the business e.g., maintenance, management.
Ensuring that hostel administration and financial reports are completed to a good standard.
- Ensuring that health and safety procedures are explained and adhered to within the hostel
- To provide relevant information
- Excellent communication skills
- Qualifications: Basic first aid, computer literate, Medication awareness
– Experience: N/A
- Compliance: Up to date DBS
- Travel: Clean UK driving license with the ability to commute to and from work independently.
- Hours: 37.5 hours p/w.
Working with Seven Social Care:
We have been helping social care professionals find exciting new roles for almost a decade, so we know exactly where to look when it comes to sourcing the best opportunities. We operate across the UK, and, with over 300 five-star reviews, multiple awards and amazing relationships with the biggest employers in UK social care, we give you the best chance of landing your next role.
We have a reputation for recruiting at lightning speed, however, we can only respond to candidates who meet the exact requirements of the position. If you have any queries about a role or application, please visit our website where our amazing candidate support team will be more than happy to help.