Housing Advisory Assistant
- Location: Preston, Lancashire
- Salary: £12.8 - £16.01 per hour
- Type: Temporary / Full Time
Seven Resourcing are looking for a temporary Housing Advisory Assistant to work in Preston. This position is initially for a period of 3 months and is paying £12.80 (PAYE) or £16.01 (umbrella) per hour. The working hours are Monday – Friday from 9am – 5pm.
To assist the Housing Advice & Homelessness Team to provide a Housing Advice & Homelessness Service to people within the district in line with the Council’s statutory duties.
To provide administrative support to the team and play an active role in providing advice to the public on their housing rights and options. To provide and develop effective data management and statistical reporting.
- To advise and inform by means of interviews, telephone and correspondence, members of the public who seek housing advice from the Council including covering the office on occasions when other staff are absent.
- To advise clients on their housing options, including private rent, low-cost home ownership, the housing register and choice based lettings.
- To provide appropriate advice in relation to the lettings policy and likelihood of rehousing.
- To maintain up to date information on current housing provision in the district and surrounding areas to ensure appropriate advice is given on housing options in the area.
- Nominating clients to temporary accommodation using standard forms and procedures.
- Issuing Housing Register forms, updating the register with new information as received, and advising on areas of choice.
Experience: 2+ years working within a similar role.
Compliance: Proof of right to work in the UK and 2 x references.
Travel: Clean UK driving license with the ability to commute to and from work independently.
Hours: 37 hours p/w.
Working with Seven Social Care:
We have been helping social care professionals find exciting new roles for almost a decade, so we know exactly where to look when it comes to sourcing the best opportunities. We operate across the UK, and, with over 300 five-star reviews, multiple awards and amazing relationships with the biggest employers in UK social care, we give you the best chance of landing your next role.
We have a reputation for recruiting at lightning speed, however, we can only respond to candidates who meet the exact requirements of the position. If you have any queries about a role or application, please visit our website where our amazing candidate support team will be more than happy to help.