Job Reference: 62050
Housing Choices Advisor
- Coalville, Leicestershire
- £18.35 - £18.35 per hour
- Temporary / Full Time
Seven Resourcing are looking for a temporary Housing Choices Advisor to work in Coalville. This position is initially for a period of 2 months and is paying £18.35 per hour (paid to you via an umbrella company). The working hours are Monday – Friday from 9am – 5pm.
To prevent homelessness by giving comprehensive advice and assistance, covering the full range of housing options offered by the Council and other agencies to enable customers to find solutions to their housing issues. To provide first line support to those seeking advice, undertaking initial assessments to identify customer needs and ensuring that customers can access the necessary support to address their housing needs.
Where necessary undertake homelessness investigations, issue decisions and discharge the Council’s homelessness prevention duty in accordance with relevant legislation.
- To prevent homelessness where possible by acting as a first point of contact for customers approaching the Housing Choices Team. Ensure the housing register is an effective mechanism to meet housing needs.
- To interview/visit clients who are potentially homeless to assess their housing situation prior to any application being made under Part VII of the Housing Act 1996 (as amended by the Housing Act 2002).
- To offer advice and assistance to prevent such clients becoming homeless, by taking a proactive approach to preventing homelessness.
- When necessary managing homeless prevention cases to ensure they comply with the requirements of the Homeless Reduction Act
- Undertake case management where required for other housing advice cases where ongoing advice or support are necessary.
- Carry out referrals to other agencies to facilitate support needed, liaising with landlords, courts to resolve housing need
- Triage customers to identify urgency of their case and refer into the most appropriate service
- To provide first line advice and assistance to customers approaching the housing choices team
- Undertake assessments for food and fuel vouchers
Experience: 2+ years working within a similar role.
Compliance: Proof of right to work in the UK and 2 x references.
Travel: Clean UK driving license with the ability to commute to and from work independently.
Hours: 36.25 hours p/w.
Working with Seven Social Care:
We have been helping social care professionals find exciting new roles for almost a decade, so we know exactly where to look when it comes to sourcing the best opportunities. We operate across the UK, and, with over 300 five-star reviews, multiple awards and amazing relationships with the biggest employers in UK social care, we give you the best chance of landing your next role.
We have a reputation for recruiting at lightning speed, however, we can only respond to candidates who meet the exact requirements of the position. If you have any queries about a role or application, please visit our website where our amazing candidate support team will be more than happy to help.