Job Reference: 56913
- Durham, County Durham
- £12.5 - £12.5 per hour
- Temporary / Full Time
Seven Social Care are looking for a Housing Officer in Durham. This is a temporary contract initially, for 3 months but likely to be extended upon this. Please note most of this work can be completed remotely, only 2 days required in the office per week (Seaham or Crook)
As a Housing Officer, we are looking for someone to provide high standard, comprehensive homelessness and assist the prevention service, assessing and determining duties owed under the statutory provisions of the Housing Act 1996 , the Homeless Reduction Act 2017 and associated legislation.
- Provide a front line service through face to face and written communication to customers identified as requiring homelessness assessments, or advice and assistance to prevent homelessness
- To provide advice to clients on options open to them to retain existing accommodation or secure suitable re-housing including negotiations with landlords and other third parties to prevent homelessness, including financial assessments, maximisation of income and completing applications for discretionary Housing Payments and case monitoring.
- To work within the Stronger Families Framework to ensure members of the public access appropriate services to sustain accommodation, health and wellbeing, including access to training and employment opportunities.
- Qualifications: NVQ Level 4 or equivalent
- Experience: 2+ years working in a similar role.
- Compliance: Up to date DBS.
- Travel: Clean UK driving license with the ability to commute to and from work independently.
- Hours: 37.5 hours p/w.
Working with Seven Social Care:
We have been helping social care professionals find exciting new roles for almost a decade, so we know exactly where to look when it comes to sourcing the best opportunities. We operate across the UK, and, with over 300 five-star reviews, multiple awards and amazing relationships with the biggest employers in UK social care, we give you the best chance of landing your next role.
We have a reputation for recruiting at lightning speed, however, we can only respond to candidates who meet the exact requirements of the position. If you have any queries about a role or application, please visit our website where our amazing candidate support team will be more than happy to help.