Job Reference: 60699
Housing Policy and Projects Officer
- Loughborough, Leicestershire
- £18 - £22.51 per hour
- Temporary / Full Time
Seven Resourcing are looking for a temporary Housing Policy and Projects Officer to work in Loughborough. This position is initially for a period of 6 weeks and is paying £18.00 (PAYE) or £22.51 (umbrella) per hour. This role will involve working full-time hours from Monday – Friday.
Support the delivery of the Strategic and Private Sector Housing Service to achieve continuous improvement and in particular maintain Customer Services Excellence
Provide support and assistance to the Head of Strategic and Private Sector Housing and Housing Strategy and Support Manager to ensure that the Service and the Council are a modern high performing organisation.
Delivery of an effective and appropriate service to all service users, fairly and without discrimination.
- Undertake research and analysis of Housing legislation, good practice and current issues and develop Strategies, Policies and Plans across the Strategic and Private Sector Housing Service as directed by the Housing Strategy and Support Manager and the Head of Strategic and Private Sector Housing.
- Develop, facilitate and deliver all aspects of the research process, including project management and delivery, designing research tools, fieldwork, data analysis and the interpretation of findings in order to achieve improvements to the Strategic and Private Sector Housing services.
- Work in partnership with Service Managers to develop and implement efficient and effective Strategies, Policies, objectives, practices and procedures to achieve continuous improvement in the delivery of quality Strategic and Private Sector Housing Services.
- Support the Housing Strategy and Support Manager in the development of Service Strategies including consultation on and production of the Strategy documents, such as the Housing Strategy and the Housing Revenue Account Business Plan including authoring parts of the documents.
- Where appropriate identify potential funding sources for Service development and co-ordinate bids and applications.
- Contribute to the development of Corporate Strategies and Policies as required.
- Support key partnerships such as the Registered Provider Liaison Forum and the Homelessness Strategy Steering Group to maintain efficient and effective joint working
- Facilitate Government statistical returns such as the Housing Improvement Programme Business Plan and Housing Strategy Statistical Appendices by collecting and interpreting information and statistical data from across the Service, other Council departments and external organisations and ensure submissions are made within Government deadlines.
Experience: 2+ years working within a similar role.
Compliance: Current DBS check and references covering the last 3 years.
Travel: Clean UK driving license with the ability to commute to and from work independently.
Hours: 37 hours p/w.
Working with Seven Social Care:
We have been helping social care professionals find exciting new roles for almost a decade, so we know exactly where to look when it comes to sourcing the best opportunities. We operate across the UK, and, with over 300 five-star reviews, multiple awards and amazing relationships with the biggest employers in UK social care, we give you the best chance of landing your next role.
We have a reputation for recruiting at lightning speed, however, we can only respond to candidates who meet the exact requirements of the position. If you have any queries about a role or application, please visit our website where our amazing candidate support team will be more than happy to help.