Job Reference: SAM103
Housing Register Assessor
- Dorchester, Dorset
- £18 - £22 per hour
- Temporary / Full Time
Seven Resourcing are looking for 2 Housing Register Assessors to work in Dorchester, Dorset. These positions are initially for a period of 3 months and are paying £18.00 – £22.00 per hour (paid to you via an umbrella company).
Responsible for in-depth assessment of housing register applications for eligibility and qualification for the housing register in accordance with the Housing Allocation Policy.
First point of customer contact for the Housing Register Assessment Team either in person, via email, system customer portal or the telephone ensuring support for all those applying to the register and signposting to other teams to ensure the housing needs of those contacting the service are met.
Prioritising applicants at risk of homelessness or with safeguarding issues and referring to Homeless Team.
- Pre-screening housing register applications for risk of homelessness and referral to the homeless portal
- Checking information provided to establish eligibility and qualification to join the housing register
- Postholder to request all supporting documents to enable them to assess all aspects of the applicant’s housing situation including but not limited to – medical/welfare information, common financial statements, disrepair, overcrowding.
- Investigate, assess and verify housing register applications in accordance with the Housing Allocations Policy.
- Assess and award banding to the housing register applications in accordance with the Housing Allocations Policy.
- Assist and support vulnerable clients to apply to the housing register and with all aspects of the Home Choice Scheme.
- Be able to advise on the housing software system, processes and be able to communicate and explain the policy to both colleagues and the public
- Qualifications: N/A.
- Experience: Experience of working for a Local Authority/Housing Association/Voluntary Sector.
- Compliance: Current DBS check and references covering the last 2 years.
- Travel: Clean UK driving license with the ability to commute to and from work independently.
- Hours: 37 hours p/w.
Working with Seven Social Care:
We have been helping social care professionals find exciting new roles for almost a decade, so we know exactly where to look when it comes to sourcing the best opportunities. We operate across the UK, and, with over 300 five-star reviews, multiple awards and amazing relationships with the biggest employers in UK social care, we give you the best chance of landing your next role.
We have a reputation for recruiting at lightning speed, however, we can only respond to candidates who meet the exact requirements of the position. If you have any queries about a role or application, please visit our website where our amazing candidate support team will be more than happy to help.