Housing Solutions Officer
- Location: Barry, Scotland
- Salary: £23.81 - £23.81 per hour
- Type: Temporary / Full Time
- Contact: Sam Boggis
Seven Resourcing are looking for a temporary Housing Solutions Officer to work in Barry. This position is initially for a period of 3 months and is paying £23.81 per hour (paid to you via an umbrella company).
To contribute fully to the delivery of all services in relation to statutory homelessness services, homelessness prevention and housing advice.
To help identify best practice in mitigating adverse impacts of Welfare Reform.
To establish positive relationships with agencies assisting homeless applicants, ensuring our excellent, valued relationship with Housing Benefit Dept continues.
- To carry out interviews and home visits with persons who are homeless, threatened with homelessness or require housing advice in line with legal requirements and Council policies, with the aim of maintaining their current accommodation through early intervention; negotiation; and homelessness prevention.
To ensure that the relevant statutory investigations are undertaken in line with legislation
To make the relevant statutory decisions promptly and within agreed timescales.
To implement the Council’s Housing Solutions Service to households experiencing any housing problem, including promotion of the Council’s private rented schemes and any other scheme or to work with other sections and departments of the Council and external agencies in seeking to resolve these problems or to carry out investigations.
To carry out Housing Advice Surgery’s in various locations of the Vale of Glamorgan as directed
To attend internal & external team meetings and relevant service related forums as directed.
To visit potentially homelessness clients at their homes.
To complete referrals and checks with Social Services in line with vulnerable adult and child protection policies
To work closely with the Supporting People team to ensure that referrals are made for clients to access appropriate support
To refer where necessary applicants experiencing relationship breakdowns to an appropriate support and mediation service.
- Qualifications: N/A.
- Experience: 2+ years working within a similar role.
- Compliance: Proof of right to work in the UK and references covering the last 3 years.
- Travel: Clean UK driving license with the ability to commute to and from work independently.
- Hours: 37 hours p/w.
Working with Seven Social Care:
We have been helping social care professionals find exciting new roles for almost a decade, so we know exactly where to look when it comes to sourcing the best opportunities. We operate across the UK, and, with over 300 five-star reviews, multiple awards and amazing relationships with the biggest employers in UK social care, we give you the best chance of landing your next role.
We have a reputation for recruiting at lightning speed, however, we can only respond to candidates who meet the exact requirements of the position. If you have any queries about a role or application, please visit our website where our amazing candidate support team will be more than happy to help.