Job Reference: 61149
Housing Strategy Lead
- Solihull, West Midlands
- £25 - £25 per hour
- Temporary / Full Time
Seven Resourcing is working with Solihull Council to recruit a Housing Strategy Lead for their “Stronger Communities” Division.
Responsible to the Head of Housing and Communities.
Initial 3 month contract
£25 per hour
The Core, Homer Road Solihull, B91 3RG
The postholder will also work at the Council House and various locations around the Borough.
The role leads the development and implementation of the Council’s Housing Strategy and delivery plans. This includes the development of housing related policy and partnerships, extensive stakeholder engagement and collaboration, as well as the management and supervision of a team of housing policy and strategy staff, who are individually responsible for specific policies and programmes concerning affordable housing and domestic retrofit.
The role is directly responsible for two key policy areas and functions. The first of these is the private rented sector, including the development and maintenance of landlord engagement, data and intelligence, specific programmes and projects that can improve standards in the sector. The second is housing pathways and options for younger adults and older people, particularly concerning housing development, planning and joint approaches with adult social care.
The post holder is also required to regularly and substantively input to the Council’s Local Plan and relevant housing related policies and policy documents. This includes the provision of expert advice to internal and external stakeholders on housing related planning matters.
• Working with senior officers, Cabinet Members and a range of internal and external stakeholders to lead and coordinate the development, implementation and continuous review of the Council’s Housing Strategy and delivery plans.
• Contribute to the development and implementation of housing policies within the Council’s Local Plan and any relevant supplementary planning documents.
• Contribute to the development and implementation of housing related policy and strategy within Adult Social Care.
• Contribute to the development and implementation of housing policies within the Council’s Net Zero Action Plan
• Work with Council officers, Members, landowners, developers and their agents to maximise the inclusion of affordable housing in new developments and within the parameters of Council policy.
• Develop and maintain a data and intelligence function for the continuous assessment and review of Solihull’s housing trends, issues and sectors.
• To develop and maintain partnerships for Solihull, which help address Solihull’s housing needs.
• Develop and maintain stakeholder engagement and communication plans to promote awareness of the Council’s housing related activities, as well as to inform the collaborations and partnerships the Council is invested in.
• Ensure that senior officers, the Council’s Executive and Scrutiny functions are well briefed on matters relating to housing policy and strategy.
• Ensure that housing policies and strategies are coordinated and integrated with other relevant Council plans and strategies, particularly concerned with economic growth, adult social care and public health.
• Ensure the Council’s compliance with relevant government programmes and statutory returns
• Working with other local authorities and the West Midlands Combined Authority, contribute to the development of regional and sub-regional housing strategy, ensuring that Solihull is well represented in its development
- Qualifications: Education & Qualifications Degree level qualification in a housing or related discipline or significant relevant knowledge and skills built up through extended experience and training in a strategic housing role. Chartered Member of the Chartered Institute of Housing
Post graduate qualification in housing or related social policy field
- Experience: Experience & Knowledge Significant experience of similar work with a local authority or related organisation
Advanced knowledge of policy, legislation and practice concerning housing development. Advanced knowledge of policy, legislation and practice concerning affordable housing, private rented sector and domestic retrofit
Significant knowledge and experience of project appraisals, negotiation, needs assessments, planning law and local authority decision making processes.
Experience of developing and/or maintaining housing related partnerships and collaborations
- Compliance: Up to date HCPC registration and DBS.
- Travel: Clean UK driving license with the ability to commute to and from work independently.
- Hours: 37.5 hours p/w.
Working with Seven Social Care:
We have been helping social care professionals find exciting new roles for almost a decade, so we know exactly where to look when it comes to sourcing the best opportunities. We operate across the UK, and, with over 300 five-star reviews, multiple awards and amazing relationships with the biggest employers in UK social care, we give you the best chance of landing your next role.
We have a reputation for recruiting at lightning speed, however, we can only respond to candidates who meet the exact requirements of the position. If you have any queries about a role or application, please visit our website where our amazing candidate support team will be more than happy to help.