Housing Support Officer
- Location: Basildon, Essex
- Salary: £13.69 - £13.69 per hour
- Type: Temporary / Full Time
Seven Resourcing are looking for a temporary Housing Support Officer to work in Basildon. This position is initially for 3 months and is paying £13.69 per hour. The working hours are Monday – Friday from 9am – 5pm.
- To manage lower values of rent arrears cases prior to the commencement of legal
- Proceedings focusing on prevention and early intervention
- To maximise rental income to the Council and minimise rent arrears.
- To ensure compliance with all relevant legislation, policy and guidance.
- To deliver a customer focused rent collection service.
- To ensure effective collection of all rent arrears up to and including Notice of Seeking Possession stage in accordance with agreed policies and procedures.
- To be responsible for the case management of low level rent arrears within a defined area.
- To promote a payment culture through all contact with tenants.
- To progress all relevant Housing Management System recommendations for arrears recovery taking necessary actions as required.
- To negotiate debt payment arrangements based upon the tenant’s income and expenditure commitments and in line with agreed Policy and procedures.
- To promote the most effective payment method taking into account the tenants individual circumstances.
- To provide accurate information to all tenants and ensure that take up of housing and other benefits is maximised.
- To refer tenants to the Council’s Housing Advice Service or other debt management organisations such as Citizens Advice and Family Mosaic.
Experience: 2+ years working within a similar role.
Compliance: 2 x references and a current DBS.
Travel: Clean UK driving license with the ability to commute to and from work independently.
Hours: 37.5 hours p/w.
Working with Seven Social Care:
We have been helping social care professionals find exciting new roles for almost a decade, so we know exactly where to look when it comes to sourcing the best opportunities. We operate across the UK, and, with over 300 five-star reviews, multiple awards and amazing relationships with the biggest employers in UK social care, we give you the best chance of landing your next role.
We have a reputation for recruiting at lightning speed, however, we can only respond to candidates who meet the exact requirements of the position. If you have any queries about a role or application, please visit our website where our amazing candidate support team will be more than happy to help.