Job Reference: 57193
Housing Support Worker
- Halifax, West Yorkshire
- £12.36 - £12.36 per hour
- Temporary / Full Time
Seven Social Care is looking for a Housing Support Worker to fill an exclusive opportunity in Halifax.
Support clients referred by the Housing Options Team to prevent homelessness. Support clients resident in temporary accommodation to address the difficulties that have resulted in homelessness and assist them to secure and move into settled accommodation.
- Act as key-worker for a number of households staying in temporary accommodation or who may be ‘homeless at home’.
- Provide short term support to households referred by the Housing Options team who are at strong risk of homelessness.
- Assess and identify needs and develop and implement support plans.
- Advise and assist clients to obtain the benefits payments, health and social care to which they may be entitled.
- Ensure that residents comply with licence agreements and initiate action when a breach of the agreement occurs.
- Collect charges due for residents and strive to ensure that arrears do not accrue. Assist clients to secure and move into settled accommodation and where necessary, continue support for up to six months.
- Liaise with the Housing Options Team and provide information necessary to determine the Council’s duties under homelessness legislation.
- Make the statutory decision to bring the Housing Act S193 main housing duty to an end.
- Plan and arrange case meetings and reviews where necessary and act as ‘Lead professional’ where appropriate.
- Arrange and participate residents’ activities as required.
- Ensure that case records (both written and electronic) are comprehensive, accurate and up to date.
- Level 3 qualification, equivalent to two A levels in a relevant area of work; youth work, social care, housing, criminal justice
- Hold a full UK driving licence and have access to a vehicle for work purposes (adjustments can be considered for candidates with a disability)
- Verbal and written communication skills
Working with Seven Social Care:
We have been helping social care professionals find exciting new roles for almost a decade, so we know exactly where to look when it comes to sourcing the best opportunities. We operate across the UK, and, with over 300 five-star reviews, multiple awards and amazing relationships with the biggest employers in UK social care, we give you the best chance of landing your next role.
We have a reputation for recruiting at lightning speed, however, we can only respond to candidates who meet the exact requirements of the position. If you have any queries about a role or application, please visit our website where our amazing candidate support team will be more than happy to help.