Hub Support Assistant – Early Help
- Location: Horsham, England
- Salary: £12.1 - £12.1 per hour
- Type: Temporary / Full Time
- Contact: Maya Maddison
Seven Social Care is looking for a Hub Support Assistant, to work within Early Help, in West Sussex County Council.
As a Hub Support Assistant, you’ll play a key role in ensuring our full-time family hubs are safe, welcoming and accessible for families, children and young people. You’ll work as part of a dedicated team within both our family hubs and local communities, providing information, advice and guidance around a range of issues to families, children and young people aged 0-25. A key aspect of the role will be providing practical support to families experiencing crisis, including organising food parcels.
Helping to provide a safe and welcoming space for young people through the Find It Out (FIO) offer is essential. You’ll be able to speak confidently with young people, understand their needs and be able to help them access appropriate support, at a time that suits them, including after school hours.
- Good communication, customer service and interpersonal skills in order to interact effectively with the general public and act as a point of information / advice / guidance where appropriate.
- Good interpersonal skills with the ability to confidently work with children, young people and families e.g. dealing with complex queries and family issues, responding appropriately to challenging behaviour such as aggressive or distressed individuals.
- Ability to work as part of a team completing shared tasks in order to deliver a service to others.
- Ability to meet set deadlines and to understand when problems need to be referred upwards, e.g. in responding to complaints promptly for a quick accurate solution.
- Analytical and judgement skills in order to effectively assist with customer queries.
- Proficient IT skills, using Microsoft Office Suite, in order to be able to use the Service computerised databases, photocopiers, scanners and the internet.
- Experience: Experience working in a similar role
- 4 GCSEs with A-C (9-4) passes including Maths and English, or equivalent qualification or experience demonstrating that level of numeracy and literacy.
- An IT qualification or equivalent experience demonstrating good working knowledge of IT systems / procedures.
- Level 3 Information, Advice and Guidance qualification –
- Travel: Clean UK driving license with the ability to commute to and from work independently.
- Hours: 37 hours p/w.
Working with Seven Social Care:
We have been helping social care professionals find exciting new roles for almost a decade, so we know exactly where to look when it comes to sourcing the best opportunities. We operate across the UK, and, with over 300 five-star reviews, multiple awards and amazing relationships with the biggest employers in UK social care, we give you the best chance of landing your next role.
We have a reputation for recruiting at lightning speed, however, we can only respond to candidates who meet the exact requirements of the position. If you have any queries about a role or application, please visit our website where our amazing candidate support team will be more than happy to help.