Job Reference: 59204
ICT Desktop Technician
- Jarrow, Tyne and Wear
- £20 - £20 per hour
- Temporary / Full Time
Seven Resourcing are looking for a temporary ICT Desktop Technician to work in Jarrow. This position is initially for a period of 6 months and is paying £20.00 per hour (paid to you via an umbrella company).
- To provide day to day 2nd line support and maintenance to the Council’s desktop and end-user devices.
- To install, configure and test end-user device hardware and software
- To provide technical support, advice and guidance to users
- To work with other teams and contribute to other projects within the Digital and ICT Service
- Assess and resolve a broad range of 2nd Line Support queries linked to end-user devices (e.g. laptops, PCs, tablets) and software. This will include 2nd Line support for M365.
- Escalate issues to other teams within the D&ICT Service or external support providers and work with them to ensure the user receives a resolution.
- Install, configure and test end-user hardware and software systems.
- Provide advice, guidance, training and support to users in respect end-user devices, software and relevant policies
- Assist with the installation and support of data and voice networks and systems
- Assist with the set up and technical administration of remote meetings and hybrid meetings
- Assist with problem investigation and incident resolution as required
- Contribute to projects to implement end user self-service, IT Service Management etc
- Ensure all required documentation is completed
- Update internal systems with information about calls received, resolved and escalated
- Update hardware and software asset inventory systems as required
- Contribute to the development and maintenance of internal knowledge bases and other information sources and help identify opportunities to improve service delivery
- Contribute to other D&ICT projects and work as required
- Qualifications: A degree in an ICT subject (desirable, not essential).
- Experience: Relevant work experience in a similar role within the last 3 years.
- Compliance: Proof of right to work in the UK and references covering the last 2 years.
- Travel: Clean UK driving license with the ability to commute to and from work independently.
- Hours: 37.5 hours p/w.
Working with Seven Social Care:
We have been helping social care professionals find exciting new roles for almost a decade, so we know exactly where to look when it comes to sourcing the best opportunities. We operate across the UK, and, with over 300 five-star reviews, multiple awards and amazing relationships with the biggest employers in UK social care, we give you the best chance of landing your next role.
We have a reputation for recruiting at lightning speed, however, we can only respond to candidates who meet the exact requirements of the position. If you have any queries about a role or application, please visit our website where our amazing candidate support team will be more than happy to help.