Job Reference: 62872
Income Recovery Officer
- Cambridge, Cambridgeshire
- £15.5 - £15.5 per hour
- Temporary / Full Time
Seven Social Care is looking for a Income Recovery Officer at Cambridge City Council
Maximising the collection of all rental income and other monies, by taking proactive action with tenants and leaseholders or residents of the temporary housing service to maximise their income, minimising their outgoings and enabling them to pay their rent effectively and, where this is not possible, to instigate court action to minimise rent arrears.
To prevent homelessness and support tenancy sustainment by providing advice on Welfare reform changes including welfare benefits and worklessness, and to promote financial and digital inclusion to all Council tenants
MAIN ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Role Specific Responsibilities
- Responsible for the collection of rental income and other Housing monies due, using appropriate methods to prevent rent arrears, including providing advice and guidance to tenants in respect of Universal Credit Housing Costs and different payments methods in order to help them meet their rental liabilities effectively.
- To follow appropriate procedures and policies over the collection of rent and to work with the tenants to prevent rent arrears by ensuring that all stages of the rent arrears procedures are followed.
- To negotiate and monitor repayment agreements, and carry out any necessary recovery action including legal action to maximise our income and minimise debt.
- To initiate legal action to recover unpaid rent including the personal serving of legal notices; preparation of court papers and, if necessary, attendance at County Court and attending eviction appointments at the tenant’s home with the Bailiffs.
- Interview customers/tenants (if necessary in their home) in order to discuss rent arrears; other debts or to collect/take copies of Housing Benefit verification paperwork, or help with providing proofs for a Universal Credit claim, in order to maximise their income and sustain their tenancy.
Working with Seven Social Care:
Established in 2011, Seven Social Care is a leading provider of social care professionals to county councils, charities, hospitals, care homes and private organisations across the UK.
Seven is the recruitment service that guarantees experienced, qualified and available staff exactly when you need them. Our expert talent acquisition team seamlessly connect professionals to all areas of social care; including Children and Adults, Mental Health, Substance Misuse, Community, Support Work and everything in between.
After being shortlisted for multiple awards in 2018, we are proud of our nationwide reputation for providing a world-class recruitment service that is underpinned by honesty, integrity and attention to detail.
Refer a friend, family member or colleague for £250
If you’re not the perfect match for this role, but you know a Social Worker who is, help them find their dream job by referring them to Seven Social Care. As a little ‘thank you’ from us, you will receive £250 for every referral that is successfully placed into a new role.
For more exclusive Social Worker jobs, please visit our website by searching ‘Seven Social Care’ on Google, or call 0333 200 5424.