Job Reference: 58993
Independent Living Team Lead
- Slough, Berkshire
- £30 - £30 per hour
- Temporary / Full Time
Seven Social Care is looking for an Independent Living Team Lead to be responsible for the day to day operation of the Council’s Independent Living Team and DFG function ensuring that services are responsive to customer and community demands and deliver against measured outputs while contributing to the council’s key strategic aims and priorities.
To carry out statutory responsibilities, investigations give advice and provide a responsive and proactive service in respect of public and private sector residents who require assistance to adapt their homes to meet their changing needs brought on by age, disability or other vulnerability. To implement the Council’s Key Policy Priorities with respect to disabled adaptations and associated housing.
To assist and advise on the development of policies and objectives for the team, promoting the use and services of the Slough Independent living team, undertaking specialist activities and project work and to have day to day management responsibility for staff with regard to construction design management adherence, performance and project delivery.
- Deliver an effective, timely and appropriate service to clients who require aids and adaptations to their homes either as Council tenants or by applying for Disabled facility Grants from initial enquiry and referral through to completion, including the drawing up of approved documents and all regulatory permissions as necessary.
- To effectively manage and allocate work programmes for the team, advise on the resources needed to implement these programmes and assist in the development of policies and procedures.
- To be responsible for the operation of the Independent living team and the use of capital budgets using project management skills to coordinate the work of the team and to be responsible for achieving full expenditure in excess of £1.0m and in accordance with agreed targets
- To act as a representative of the section at meetings, working groups within the local authority and outside organisation.
– Degree Level Qualification, preferably in a Housing, Surveyor or Environmental Health related field
– Qualification in Prince II or equivalent project management training
- Experience: Substantial experience of working in a home improvement environment for either a local authority, housing association or equivalent
- Travel: Clean UK driving license with the ability to commute to and from work independently.
- Hours: 37 hours p/w.
Working with Seven Social Care:
We have been helping social care professionals find exciting new roles for almost a decade, so we know exactly where to look when it comes to sourcing the best opportunities. We operate across the UK, and, with over 300 five-star reviews, multiple awards and amazing relationships with the biggest employers in UK social care, we give you the best chance of landing your next role.
We have a reputation for recruiting at lightning speed, however, we can only respond to candidates who meet the exact requirements of the position. If you have any queries about a role or application, please visit our website where our amazing candidate support team will be more than happy to help