Job Reference: 59132
Independent Reviewing Officer
- Leeds, West Yorkshire
- £35 - £37 per hour
- Temporary / Full Time
Here at Seven Social Care, we have a fantastic opportunity for ambitious candidates. We are looking for Independent Reviewing Officers offering highly competitive rates of pay in Leeds starting at £35 per hour.
The role of an Independent Reviewing Officer:
To fulfil the statutory requirements of the role of the Independent Reviewing Officer for Looked After Children, as set out in the IRO Handbook
The responsibilities of an Independent Reviewing Officer:
– To monitor the performance of the Local Authority of their functions in relation to the child’s care plan.
– To ensure plans for children are based on detailed and informed assessment, are up to date, effective and provide a real and genuine response to each child’s needs.
To highlight and prevent any ‘drift’ in care planning for looked after children and the delivery of services to them.
– To confidently challenge any deficits in the quality or delivery of the child’s care plan either informally or through the statutory Dispute Resolution Process.
– To chair statutory Looked After Child Reviews in line with regulatory requirements, and liaise appropriately with operational staff
– To ensure that any ascertained wishes and feelings of the child are given due consideration by the Local Authority.
Applicant Requirements for an Independent Reviewing Officer:
– Candidates must hold a relevant Social Work Qualification (DipSW, Degree in Social Work or equivalent) and be registered with Social Work England.
Working with Seven Social Care:
We have been helping social care professionals find exciting new roles for almost a decade, so we know exactly where to look when it comes to sourcing the best opportunities. We operate across the UK, and, with over 300 five-star reviews, multiple awards and amazing relationships with the biggest employers in UK social care, we give you the best chance of landing your next role.
We have a reputation for recruiting at lightning speed, however, we can only respond to candidates who meet the exact requirements of the position. If you have any queries about a role or application, please visit our website where our amazing candidate support team will be more than happy to help.