Job Reference: 56464
Inspection and Enforcement Officer
- Croft, Leicestershire
- £16.51 - £16.51 per hour
- Temporary / Full Time
Seven Resourcing is working with Leicestershire County Council to recruit an experienced Inspection and Enforcement Officer to work on their Highways Maintenance Service.
THIS ISN’T A PERMANENT JOB BUT IS A 12 MONTH CONTRACT!
PAY IS £13.44 per hour PAYE or £16.51 per hour Umbrella.
To ensure highway inspections are carried out within the timeframe as defined in the Code of Practice, enforcing, where required, the Highway Act and environmental issues that relate to the highway. Ensure the integrity of the highway boundary and respond effectively.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. To ensure that the services are delivered for the benefit of the people of Leicestershire.
2. To support effective partnerships and working relationships with statutory, voluntary, private agencies and communities.
3. To ensure activities are delivered in the most efficient and effective manner as possible.
4. To prepare technical reports for Members, partners, customers and stakeholders where appropriate.
5. To support the performance management of services and teams through contributing to the departmental business planning process as required.
6. Responsible for protecting and managing information securely, and reporting breaches or suspected information security breaches, in line with Council policies.
7. Deal with customer enquiries and enforcement issues which are problematic and need specific attention, ensuring identified protocols are followed, keeping records to track enquiries and complaints, and complying with performance targets
8. Carry out condition inspections of public highway in accordance with local arrangements, timeframes and other policy requirements
9. Record all condition surveys through Confirm, ensuring accurate detail is recorded about traffic management, and known risks associated with the job or fix requested
10. Provide support and advice regarding the Highways Act and Environmental Protection Act
11. Highlight and prioritise defect areas where road deterioration now requires further action
12. Assist in the preparation and maintenance of up to date and accurate Highways records
13. Ensure assets are recorded accurately during the inspection regime
14. To support the insurance section as required, and represent LCC in court proceedings to defend any claims made against the authority
15. Understand political roles of districts, parishes and their responsibilities
16. As a dutyholder representing the LCC you must ensure compliance with the Construction (Design & Management) Regulations 2015 (CDM) to ensure all projects are carried out in a way that secures health and safety.
17. Comply with Quality Management procedures
– Qualifications: – Good standard of education including English and Mathematics at GCSE Grade A-C (or equivalent).
– Highways Inspector accreditation or equivalent
– NRSWA Act 1990 Supervisor
– Traffic Management Qualification (12D T7)
– Evidence of continued learning and development
– Experience: – Of working within highways maintenance or civil engineering, such as:
o Highway Inspection regimes;
o Works instructions;
o Working with regard to highways-related legislation
– Of resolving enquiries in real time and feeding back to customers and other stakeholders
– Successfully resolving conflict situations
– Of working with contractors, using industry standard documentation and practices
– Compliance: Up to date Passport
– Travel: Clean UK driving license with the ability to commute to and from work independently.
– Hours: 37 hours p/w.
Working with Seven Social Care:
We have been helping social care professionals find exciting new roles for almost a decade, so we know exactly where to look when it comes to sourcing the best opportunities. We operate across the UK, and, with over 300 five-star reviews, multiple awards and amazing relationships with the biggest employers in UK social care, we give you the best chance of landing your next role.
We have a reputation for recruiting at lightning speed, however, we can only respond to candidates who meet the exact requirements of the position. If you have any queries about a role or application, please visit our website where our amazing candidate support team will be more than happy to help.