Job Reference: 58058
Interim Head of Planning & Housing
- South Shields, Tyne and Wear
- £45.67 - £45.67 per hour
- Temporary / Full Time
Seven Resourcing are looking for an interim Head of Planning and Housing to work in South Shields. This position is initially for a period of 9 months and is paying £45.67 per hour (PAYE and umbrella payment options are available).
The Interim Head of Planning and Housing will be an integral part of the Regeneration and Environment Leadership Team reporting directly to the Director. The postholder will also provide strategic and technical advice on strategic housing, spatial planning and development management matters to the Council’s Corporate Leadership Team and relevant Cabinet Members.
Specifically, the postholder will lead a small team of professionals delivering the Council’s Development Management function, strategic and supported housing services and spatial planning.
- To provide strategic leadership to the Spatial Planning Team and manage the ongoing development of the new South Tyneside Local Plan as it transitions from Regulation 18 to Regulation 19 (Deposit Draft).
To commission and manage a root and branch review of the Development Management function including process reengineering, customer/ applicant relationship management and data management to embed a culture of enabling and quality of place.
To support the Service Lead for Strategic and Supported Housing in the review of the Council’s Housing and Homelessness strategies.
To embed enhanced governance arrangements between the Council and its Arm’s Length Housing Management Company to ensure that the Council’s statutory role as landlord is assured and our duties under the regulatory framework are fulfilled.
- Qualifications: N/A.
- Experience: An experienced leader in a public sector environment with substantial experience at a Head of Service or Director level in the delivery of housing and planning services.
- Compliance: References covering the last 2 years and proof of right to work in the UK.
- Travel: Clean UK driving license with the ability to commute to and from work independently.
- Hours: 37.5 hours p/w.
Working with Seven Social Care:
We have been helping social care professionals find exciting new roles for almost a decade, so we know exactly where to look when it comes to sourcing the best opportunities. We operate across the UK, and, with over 300 five-star reviews, multiple awards and amazing relationships with the biggest employers in UK social care, we give you the best chance of landing your next role.
We have a reputation for recruiting at lightning speed, however, we can only respond to candidates who meet the exact requirements of the position. If you have any queries about a role or application, please visit our website where our amazing candidate support team will be more than happy to help.