Interim Registered Manager
- Location: Gloucester, Gloucestershire
- Salary: £31.45 - £31.45 per hour
- Type: Contract / Full Time
Seven Social Care are looking for an Interim Registered Manager with Gloucestershire County Council.
This position is paying up to £31.45 Per Hour.
As a Registered Manager within our Rehabilitation Services, you will be responsible for the operational day-to-day management of our 24-hour regulated service ensuring continued compliance with Care Quality Commission (CQC) legislation to deliver a high-quality service. Under the guidance of the Assistant Head of Inhouse Services and with the support of the Deputy Manager, you will hold responsibility to ensure that our rehabilitation services are caring, safe, effective, well-led and responsive. You will achieve this through engaging with the therapy team, social workers and social care practitioners, GPs and district nurses, hospitals, and other professionals, and through the line management of the Rehabilitation management team. As the registered manager, you will develop a positive and reenabling approach in supporting adults to regain their independence in our short-stay service.
- Lead day-to-day management of the team to ensure the
delivery of high-quality services, and to ensure the safety and
wellbeing of individuals accessing our service and the
- Provide individual and group professional, reflective
supervision, and support to others, ensuring that practice is
continuously critically reflected upon and improved, modelling
best practice to ensure good outcomes.
- Develop and manage performance development goals for the
service. Undertake performance development reviews for your
- Manage recruitment and retention activities, including
interviews, shortlisting, induction, and probations.
- Ensure the services are appropriately resourced with suitably
qualified, skilled, and experienced staff.
- Proactively manage and report on delegated budgets to
ensure cost effective and efficient use of resources.
- Ensure the provision and management of an effective out of
hour’s on-call service.
- Manage the premises, in line with GCC procedures. Ensure all
services are accessible and are structured in a way that provides
flexibility, reliability, and continuity.
- Ensure all referrals are responded to in a timely manner in line with
contractual and organisational timescales. Grow and develop
services by maximising referral opportunities.
- Work in partnership with social care professionals and other partner
agencies such as Health Services, statutory organisations, and
voluntary agencies, to produce person-centred goal plans to ensure
the safe and timely discharge of individuals attending the short-stay
- Evaluate services through regular reviews, questionnaires, and
analyses of feedback. Lead the service through developments and
growth and align with other GCC provider services to promote a
holistic culture of care and support.
- Create a culture of continuous professional development ensuring
staff have access to and complete relevant training and promote
- Undertake other duties as requested by your line manager in
accordance with your current job role and grade
- Ensure the service meets and exceeds, the requirements of
the Health & Social Care Act 2008 (Regulated Activities)
Regulations 2010 and the Care Quality Commission guidance
‘Essential Standards of Quality & Safety’.
- At all times ensure that priority is given to the safeguarding of
individuals attending the service by implementing and ensuring
all safeguarding policies and procedures are followed.
- To manage and provide guidance and support in the event of
- Provide support and guidance to staff administering medication
- Keep up to date with government guidance and legislation; to
enhance a culture of continuous professional development
through mentoring, coaching, and advice.
- Actively participate in regular, effective supervision with a
supervisor/manager and appraisal to discuss effective practice,
reflection, continuing professional development and career
- Ensure delivery of high standards of quality care through the
implementation of effective monitoring and auditing procedures
- Meet and exceed the support needs of those attending the
service, at all times promoting independence, choice, and
- Lead on the development of the service, by implementing and
communicating new ideas, through attendance and leading at
team and 1-1 meetings with your line manager
- Maintain accurate written and electronic record keeping in
accordance with the Council’s published guidelines to ensure
confidentiality at all times
- Qualifications: Educated to GCSE Level English and Mathematics 9 – 4 (or equivalent)
- Level 5 in Health and Social Care/Management (or equivalent) or willingness to work towards, or equivalent experience as outlined in the job description
- Evidence of continued professional development
- Experience: 2+ years working within a similar position.
- Compliance: Up to date DBS check
- Travel: Clean UK driving license with the ability to commute to and from work independently.
- Hours: 37 hours p/w.
Working with Seven Social Care:
We have been helping social care professionals find exciting new roles for almost a decade, so we know exactly where to look when it comes to sourcing the best opportunities. We operate across the UK, and, with over 300 five-star reviews, multiple awards and amazing relationships with the biggest employers in UK social care, we give you the best chance of landing your next role.
We have a reputation for recruiting at lightning speed, however, we can only respond to candidates who meet the exact requirements of the position. If you have any queries about a role or application, please visit our website where our amazing candidate support team will be more than happy to help.