Job Reference: 57022
Interim Transport Manager
- Uffculme, Devon
- £17 - £21 per hour
- Temporary / Full Time
Seven Resourcing are looking for an interim Transport Manager to work in Uffculme, Devon. This position is initially for a period of 6 months and is paying from £17.00 – £21.00 per hour (PAYE and umbrella payment options are available).
To lead on the replacement programme for Council vehicles and plant.
To manage the vehicle supply and maintenance contract and associated contractors.
To ensure the Councils are meeting their statutory and Operators Licence obligations.
To contribute to the Councils’ carbon reduction and climate mitigation strategies
- Provide strategic direction so that fleet vehicles within services are procured, maintained, inspected and serviced and that the most cost effective and efficient fleet is maintained.
- Manage vehicle and maintenance budgets allocated in accordance with Council procedures and make timely budgetary recommendations.
- Advise on transport and plant in the Council and advise Management team on alternative products and provide the necessary advice, guidance and direction to ensure equipment required for the provision of the service is suitable and available when required.
- Manage the procurement and maintenance contract for vehicle fleet and mobile plant of the Council. Monitor and manage contractors/partners performance information.
- Monitoring service performance and making appropriate interventions and look for improvements that can be made.
- Be the Council’s primary Transport Manager taking responsibility for compliance with all license conditions and responding effectively to changes in guidance and regulations set by the Traffic Commissioner.
- Authorise/certify accounts, orders and invoices, within specified limits and ensure compliance with Council Standing Orders, Financial Regulations and relevant legislation.
- Proactively run the replacement program in liaison with service user representatives for new vehicles and plant, from specification to commissioning. Ensure that adequate user training/familiarisation is carried out on delivery of new vehicles and equipment.
- Lead on the development or amendment of Transport systems for the section, with specialist support.
- Qualifications: Certificate of professional competence, Freight National (or equivalent) and willing and able to obtain the qualification.
- Experience: 2+ years working within a similar role.
- Compliance: Proof of right to work in the UK and references covering the last 3 years.
- Travel: Clean UK driving license with the ability to commute to and from work independently.
- Hours: 37 hours p/w.
Working with Seven Social Care:
We have been helping social care professionals find exciting new roles for almost a decade, so we know exactly where to look when it comes to sourcing the best opportunities. We operate across the UK, and, with over 300 five-star reviews, multiple awards and amazing relationships with the biggest employers in UK social care, we give you the best chance of landing your next role.
We have a reputation for recruiting at lightning speed, however, we can only respond to candidates who meet the exact requirements of the position. If you have any queries about a role or application, please visit our website where our amazing candidate support team will be more than happy to help.