Job Reference: 55376
Lead DevOps Engineer
- Nottingham, Nottinghamshire
- £450 - £450 per day
- Temporary / Full Time
Seven Resourcing is working with Nottinghamshire County Council to recruit for a Lead DevOps Engineer for their Chief Executive’s Department.
Pay rate is £450 per day.
Leads the development of new services and its practices.
Leads and manages the application life cycle a one or more of the Authority’s major applications
The provision of design and development services.
The provision of application maintenance and support services.
The management and provision of expert advice on a specific technical area of expertise or application(s).
Drafts and maintains procedures and documentation for application support, integration and development.
Coordinates application enhancements to improve business performance and efficiencies.
Ensures that all requests for support are dealt with according to set standards and procedures.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Sets and leads the practices used for development of applications. OR Sets and leads the practices used for the ICT management and support of one or more of the Authority’s major line of business applications.
Facilitation and development of new services by implementing third party products or by integrating/modifying existing services utilising standard practices and tools.
Within an agreed framework, takes responsibility for the provision of maintenance and support services for allocated applications or technology.
To operate as a recognised specialist resource in terms of expertise with specific application development tools, technologies or knowledge of specific application systems.
Maintains procedures and tools for the management of allocated applications and technologies. Ensures that appropriate tools are available and that staff (at a lower level) are trained to use them, and that adequate documentation for the services supported is available and kept up to date.
Responsible for the implementation of processes and procedures, tools and techniques for managing the performance of allocated ICT services, in respect of their agreed contribution to business performance and benefits to the business.Monitors performance of applications and systems in a proactive manner and takes corrective action where necessary.
Solves complex system design problems.
Providing advice and guidance to ICT colleagues within and outside of the Applications teams to achieve successful completion of projects.
Leads on complex incident and problem resolution activities for assigned applications or technologies.
Work as part of a virtual team, when required, on the management of Incidents, including Major Incidents.
Initiates actions, through design and development or software suppliers, on the creation of system enhancements to overcome known problems.
To carry out analysis, specification and design of information systems.
- Educated to degree level and/or holds a professional qualification and can demonstrate proficiency in the area of technical specialism.
- Demonstrates a current and thorough understanding of developments in the application of ICT and is able to assimilate and interpret advice from specialists – technical or otherwise.
- Maintains knowledge of their area of expertise at the highest level.
- Has expert knowledge of the applications / development methodologies, the technology involved, current developments, the most commonly available products, and the application of their technical knowledge and expertise within a technical or business environment.
- A thorough understanding of DevOps practices and how they apply to the role and the other functions within ICT Services.
- Has good oral communication skills and takes an analytical approach to problem solving. Is thoroughly familiar with the concepts and practices required to implement and support effective IT solutions within NCC.
- Five years relevant work experience within software development or application support.
- Has achieved high levels of proficiency in the task of ICT Skill Category Application support – Level 5 – , OR: Has gained experience (typically five year’s full time or equivalent) as DevOps engineer demonstrating a good understanding of the use of and development of ICT systems.
- Demonstrated detailed DevOps, Agile, ITIL and organisational skills and knowledge, appropriate to the management services delivered in a multi-tenanted & multi-tasked work environment.
- Demonstrated expert knowledge of area of specialism and identified business benefits to the introduction of new technology.
- Compliance: Up to date Passport.
- Travel: Clean UK driving license with the ability to commute to and from work independently.
- Hours: 37 hours p/w.
Working with Seven Social Care:
We have been helping social care professionals find exciting new roles for almost a decade, so we know exactly where to look when it comes to sourcing the best opportunities. We operate across the UK, and, with over 300 five-star reviews, multiple awards and amazing relationships with the biggest employers in UK social care, we give you the best chance of landing your next role.
We have a reputation for recruiting at lightning speed, however, we can only respond to candidates who meet the exact requirements of the position. If you have any queries about a role or application, please visit our website where our amazing candidate support team will be more than happy to help.