Job Reference: 61130
- Stockport, Greater Manchester
- £16.95 - £18.95 per hour
- Temporary / Full Time
Seven Education is looking for a Learning Mentor in Stockport
- The post of Youth Justice Service Learning Mentor will focus on the learning, training and employment needs of young people who are 16+ and known to the Youth Justice Service in Stockport.
- The post will involve developing an understanding of the current educational / training / employment needs for this particular group of young people and supporting them to increase their basic skills in order to equip them to take advantage of the work or educational environments.
- You will need to have the ability to assess the needs and behaviour of young people and their families in order to formulate and deliver interventions to support learning, retention of a place in education, training or employment.
- You will be working alongside other Youth Justice Service staff to provide and holistic package of care.
- To support delivery of Youth Justice Education, Training & Employment targets by ensuring young people in contact with Criminal Justice System are in education, training or employment.
To work together with members of the multi-agency Youth Justice Team, to promote learning and offer support to young people, aged 16+ into employment.
To liaise with the custodial establishments and, where appropriate, participate in the young person’s resettlement plan.
To make or contribute to assessments to assist in identifying young peoples’ learning style and suitable placements for them.
Working with Seven Education:
Established in 2011, Seven Education is a leading provider of teachers to private and public schools across the UK. We provide both temporary and permanent solutions, working with teachers and lecturers covering KS1, all the way up to KS5 and beyond.
Seven Education is the recruitment service that guarantees experienced, qualified and available teaching staff exactly when you need them. Our expert talent acquisition team seamlessly connect professionals to all areas of teaching; including Lecturers, Head Teachers, Assistant Head Teachers, Secondary School, Primary School, Teaching Assistants and everything in between.
After being shortlisted for multiple awards in 2018, we are proud of our nationwide reputation for providing a world-class recruitment service that is underpinned by honesty, integrity and attention to detail.
Refer a friend, family member or colleague for £250
If you’re not the perfect match for this role, but you know a Learning Mentor who is, help them find their dream job by referring them to Seven Education. As a little ‘thank you’ from us, you will receive £250 for every referral that is successfully placed into a new role.
For more exclusive teaching jobs across the UK, please call 0333 200 5424.