Job Reference: 57538
Light Vehicle Mechanic
- Nottingham, Nottinghamshire
- £24 - £24 per hour
- Temporary / Full Time
Seven Resourcing is working with Nottingham City Council within their parking, fleet and transport services.
Pay is £24 per hour. Initial 3 months contract with the onlook of extending.
To maintain, inspect, repair and test Class 4, 5 (light) and 7 vehicles for both internal and external customers.
All work must be compliant with statutory legislation, the legal requirements of the Council’s Operator’s Licence, taxi licensing legislation, DVSA requirements and internal Council policies and procedures.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. To maintain, inspect, repair and test Class 4, 5 (light) and 7 vehicles for both internal and
2. Carry out fault diagnosis on complex hydraulic and electrical systems. Use diagnostics
equipment and Autodata to quickly diagnose and fix faults.
3. To carry out welding, fabrication and body repairs as required.
4. To attend broken down or accident damaged vehicles and effect permanent or running
repairs as required.
5. To prepare and decommission vehicles – fitting and removing a diverse range of ancillary
equipment, accessories and livery.
6. To work as a team to ensure Council and workshop objectives are met.
7. To carry out class 4 and 7 MOT and taxi inspections.
- Qualifications: City & Guilds level 3 qualification in Light Vehicle
Maintenance and Repair Principles, or equivalent
- Experience: Experience of working with all aspects of light vehicle
maintenance and repair.
- Compliance: Up to date passport.
- Travel: Clean UK driving license with the ability to commute to and from work independently.
- Hours: 37 hours p/w.
Working with Seven Social Care:
We have been helping social care professionals find exciting new roles for almost a decade, so we know exactly where to look when it comes to sourcing the best opportunities. We operate across the UK, and, with over 300 five-star reviews, multiple awards and amazing relationships with the biggest employers in UK social care, we give you the best chance of landing your next role.
We have a reputation for recruiting at lightning speed, however, we can only respond to candidates who meet the exact requirements of the position. If you have any queries about a role or application, please visit our website where our amazing candidate support team will be more than happy to help.